•44•

The music is loud, we're all lined up and it's hectic. Only two more girls to go before it's my turn to walk out on stage.
"Good luck" the girl behind me smiles.
"Thank you" I nod. She's so sweet, everyone else here has a bitch face.
I make my way up the couple stairs and wait for the stage manager standing backstage with me to tell me when to walk out.
"And go" he cues me and I start my strut down the runway that's much longer than I had pictured it. Don't fall Elle.
The cameras everywhere quickly reminded me I'm being filmed live and my spirit lightens. I own this fucking stage. Reaching the end, I pop a pose, and in the distance I see my group. My mom and dad, Tom, and his brothers, Haz, and Baylee. My people. I send them a big smile, something no models do. Not me though, I always smile.
My heels turn, walking back towards the end of the runway as everyone claps. I get off and take a deep breath. That wasn't bad at all.
"Okay we need to get back to your room for a quick change" my personal stage manager says. She quickly helps me to my room and I go in and change outfits into a completely different dress.
"Perfect, let's hurry!" She says.
My six inch heels clack and I struggle to run in them. If this is all about the clothes why do we need such flashy shoes?
I make it back just in time before I have to go out, taking a minuet to calm myself, I head back out onto the runway.
Clack. Clack. Clack. Snap.
My eyes widen. Fuck.
My heel just broke.
I hear gasps in the audience, fuck it.
I reach down, slipping both heels off, holding them up for the audience to see before throwing them backstage and continuing my walk down the runway, cheers erupt, people love it!
I hit a slightly sillier pose at the end, and this whole show suddenly feels much lighter.
__
"Elle a couple people want to interview you" my stage manager says.
"Okay I'll be right out" I nod.
I finish changing into some normal clothes, why do they want to interview me?
I make my way out and see where they're doing interviews.
"Elle, hi I'm Frankie Gibbons from vogue, I was hoping I could ask you a few question?" The tall man asks.
Vogue wants to ask me questions? Fuck yeah!
"Of course" I smile and we sit.
"So.. your heel snapped, it was a big part of this years show" he states. "What made you decide to rip both shoes off and toss them aside?"
"Well, what's the point of flashy uncomfortable shoes when the show should be all about the clothes? If I'm put in shoes that limit how well I can do my job then I see no problem taking them off and throwing them out" I shrug.
"What a statement it was! I could tell you loosened up a bit after that too. Do you think the modeling industry can be a bit too serious sometimes?"
"Definitely! I mean sometimes they even tell us we're not allowed to smile. I think modeling needs to be more open to expression and diversity. We're representing an industry that's all about those two qualities but then models are expected to be the exact opposite" I say.
"Thank you Elle, I think this will make an amazing piece in our magazine" he shakes my hand.
"Absolutely!" I smile.
We do a couple more interviews and I finally get out around 10 pm.
I grab my keys and walk out to my car.
I see a note on my windshield holding a single Sunflower.
See you when you're done, I wanted to wait for you but Figured you'd be a while. Text me when you're on your way home so I can order a pizza. Love you my sunflower.
-Tom
He's so great.
Elle: on my way💗
Tom: Hawaiian?
Elle: yes. But just because it has pineapple doesn't make it Hawaiian remember?😂
Tom: okay Jacob😒
I drive home and walk into Toms house quietly in case his parents are asleep.
"Hey baby" he smiles, getting up off the couch and hugging my waist. "You were absolutely fantastic"
"Thank you" I say. "Guess what!"
"What?" He asks.
"I'm going to be featured in vogue!" I say and his eyes widen.
"For real?" He asks.
"Yes!" I smile.
"Elle I'm so happy for you holy shit" he says. "I'm going to have a famous girlfriend"
"Not famous" I roll my eyes. "Although I had like, three other magazines wanting to write about me too so..."
"You are the most amazing person I know Elenor" he kisses me softly and I laugh when we're interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Pizza and movie time" I say, walking over and opening the door.
"That'll be 19.25" the guy says, smiling widely at me.
"Oh my wallet is in my purse" I say, walking over to my bag I set down on the counter.
"Here. Keep the change. And stop fucking staring at my girlfriend" I hear Tom say and turn around.
"Oh I uh, sorry mate" the guy awkwardly says.
Tom shuts the door in his face after grabbing the pizza and i sigh.
"You can't get mad at every guy that looks at me" I giggle.
"I can, and I will." He says sternly, setting the pizza box down. "You're lucky all my families home because right now I just want to show you that you're mine"
He's a dirty boy right now. Nah. Not in the mood. I want pizza and cuddles.
"Ah man too bad" I shrug, plopping down on the couch and opening the pizza box. He laughs at me and sits next to me.
"Have I told you that I absolutely adore you?" He asks.
"Numerous times" I smile, stuffing my face with pizza.
He turns on a movie and I cuddle in between his legs.
"You've made my life so much better Tom" I say.
"And you've done the same for me" he kisses my head.
"Promise we're never going to loose each other? Even if we split one day, we're always going to be friends?" I ask.
"You're never going to loose me Elle."