•20•

•Baylee's pov•
"Harrison!" I call out, walking into his house without knocking.
"What do you want Baylee?" He mutters, laying on the couch.
"Come on, I'm here to cheer you up" I say, helping him sit up.
"I'm not in the mood, please just leave me alone" he says.
"Then I'm going to sit here and we're going to talk until you're in the mood" I say.
"You don't understand, I want to be alone right now. No one fucking understands what it's like to be so in love with someone and feel so rejected" he sighs.
"There's one person who understands.." I say.
"And who's that?" He asks.
"Elle" I say and he laughs.
"Every guy is practically on her ass, she doesn't get rejected by anyone"
"Well.. she walked in on Tom fucking some girl today" I say and his eyes widen. Haz and Elle's friendship will be okay. She just rejected him and he's still worried about her.
"What? Are you serious?"
"Completely, but that's not even what she's most upset about. She's scared she's going to loose you." I say.
"She's not going to loose me" he sighs. "She'd never loose me"

•Elle's pov•
Yesterday was hectic.
I'm a mess. An emotional cocktail. Bitter.
I sent everyone away, I went from feeling upset and needy, to angry. Angry that my parents moved us here. Angry that I found an amazing boyfriend, but don't love him. Angry that I fell for one of my best friends, and one of my best friends fell for me. Life is unfair, and I have to keep remembering that Haz is going through the exact same thing as me. Except at least I wasn't directly dumped, for my best friend...
Jesus Christ I'm a terrible person.
I pull out my phone, fumbling with it for a moment before typing to Haz.
Elle: hey Haz.. I understand if you ignore this text. I just want to apologize. I was insensitive and selfish. I don't want to loose you. You mean too much to me.
I lock my phone and walk over to the kitchen, making myself a cup of tea. Tom managed to get me into tea, even though it was a hard task. I just saw him last night and I miss him.. probably because he doesn't feel the same anymore. Not to me.
My phone dings and I walk back to the couch, setting my mug down.
Haz: you're not loosing me. You mean too much to me too.. if you could just start being gross or something so I don't like you anymore that'd be great 👍🏻
I laugh at the text. There's my Hazzy. He's still here.
Elle: I'll do my best. Maybe I'll skip a shower for a couple days.. or better yet bathe in dirt!
This feels good, joking around with him.
Haz: all that for me? You sure you aren't in love with me?
Elle: you silly silly boy, I don't love anyone.
Haz: except Tom😒
Elle: Maybe, but he's got some shit to work out. I don't go for boys who screw girls for fun.
Haz and I text a little longer, and it's already feeling almost normal again.
My phone rings, and I see Tom is calling.
Ignore.
I get ready for the day quickly before Tom comes pounding on my door like yesterday. I go out to my car and drive to meet up with Baylee at a cafe.
"It's nice to be away from the boys" she says.
"And the drama" I agree.
I tell her all about talking to Haz this morning, how well it went and how normal it felt. Obviously things aren't going to be the same, but at least our friendship isn't ruined. Let's be real, if we were able to make it past him ignoring me and dating brook, we can make it past this.
Hopefully he feels the same.
"And Tom? I heard he came over last night" she says. "Did you tell him?"
"No.. I couldn't. Not after what I saw" I say.
"So you've just been ignoring him?" She asks.
"I wouldn't say ignoring.. just not attentively answering his calls or texts"
"He's going to figure out sooner or later that something is wrong and he won't stop until he finds out." She warns.
"Well then that's a problem for later. as of now he's stopped calling, and is probably knocking on my door, but I'm not home." I laugh.
"See, when my ex cheated on me at that party, I forgot about him, found new friends, and started fresh. You can't do that. So I honestly don't know how to help you" she says.
"Help me by not telling Tom" I say.
"Okay..."
We hang out for a while and I head home, happy to see Toms not waiting outside my door.
"Hey mom" I say as I walk inside, surprised to see she's home.
"Have you forgotten your fitting at 6?!" She asks frantically.
Shit! I have fifteen minuets to get there!
"Go! Hurry!" She says.
I jump back in my car, driving as fast as I can.
My phone rings and I pick it up on Bluetooth.
"Hello?" I answer.
"Hello cutie" Daniel says and I mentally groan, I feel so bad right now and the last thing I need is to hear how sweet he is.
"Hi, what's up?" I ask.
"Want to go get sushi with the lads?" He asks.
"Your lads or mine?" I ask.
"Mine of course" he says as if it was stupid for me to assume he'd hang out with my friends.
"Look I would but I'm running late for a fitting for fashion week" I say.
"You sure?" He asks.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"I don't know Elle, It just seems you've been ditching me for your friends a lot" he sighs.
"Well believe what you want but this is really important. The fitting is one of the biggest parts of fashion week."
"It's just a modeling gig Elle.. don't you have any other ambitions?" He asks.
What is he getting at?..
"Fashion week recruited me all the way from the United States. It's a huge deal. This is the dream of any model." I say.
"Remember saying you want to be more? Be more Elle." He says.
What. The. Fuck.
"I've got to go, talk to you later"
I hang up. Great, now I'm in a shitty mood for my fitting.