•3•

"Oh this ones cute!" My mom squeals, grabbing yet another dress for the dressing room attendant.
"That's too short!" I say.
"If you've got it, flaunt it Elle" she says and I roll my eyes.
"You know there's going to be a ton of boys there, in fact I was invited by boys" I say.
"You can't scare me, I know you won't do anything" she says and I raise a brow at her.
"Really?" I ask. I mean she's right, I've never done more than kissed a guy.
"I know you better than you know yourself"
I go to the dressing room, trying on all the dresses that were either too low cut on top or too high cut on the bottom, or worst of all, both.
I try on a pale sky blue satin mini dress from nasty gal, and love how it fits. It's not too short, or too low cut. The fabric lays across me nicely and it's not something that every other girl will be wearing.
"This is the one!" I squeal as i step out.
"Beautiful!" My mom approves.
"Very nice Mrs. Saltzman" the dress attendant nods.
"What shoes?" I ask.
My mom walks over to the heels section, looking through the options.
"These would be adorable" she says, holding up heels with clear straps. I nod in agreement.
"Perfect!"
I change back into my normal clothes and my mom takes the dress and shoes to the counter to pay.
"Shit I'm going to be late meeting Tom" I mutter to myself.
"Tom? Who's that?" My mom asks.
"Our neighbor actually" I say and she looks completely confused.
"When have you been home enough to meet him?" She asks.
"He goes to my school, we've been going to the gym together" I say.
"Oh, have fun" she smiles.
God she's already picturing me with a boyfriend. She's obsessed with the idea of me getting a boyfriend, but in her world she wants him to be a model too, and gorgeous.
I rush home to change into my gym clothes and head to the gym. Walking inside, Tom stands there shaking his head at me.
"You're late" he says.
"I was trying on dresses, I told you that" I say.
"Well, looks like I'm going to have to work you even harder" he says and as always, my mind always goes to the dirtiest place as I let out a laugh.
"You American girls sexualize everything huh?" He says.
"It's not my fault you constantly say shit like that" I laugh. "Doesn't happen with anyone else!"
We get our workout in, and he practically kills me.
"Wow its hot" he says and pulls his hoodie off so he's just in a tank top, his arm muscles are a lot bigger than I imagined they'd be. Wow.. he's really strong. He's ripped.
"Alright lets do our cool down stretches" he says. I go to the floor and do the stretches, to which he gives me a weird look.
"You can go further than that" he shakes his head and walks over to me. He grabs my leg and pushes it down towards my head as I lay on the ground.
"What? Wanna make this sexual too?" He teases and I laugh.
"Hey you said it not me" I say.
Our night finishes and we're the last ones in the gym.
"Have a nice night guys" the man closing the gym waves as we walk out.
"So I'll see you tomorrow at school" Tom says awkwardly.
"Well technically you'll see me when we both get home" I say.
"Not if I beat you there" he challenges.
"Are you referring to racing me? That's against the law Holland" I shake my head at him.
"No of course not, would never want to break the rules Saltzman" he smirks as he gets in his car.
I roll my eyes and walk over to mine, getting in and starting it as he's already pulling out of the parking lot.
I take my time driving home, listening to my favorite playlist. I pull up to my driveway and I see Toms car across the road and he's leaning against it.
"I've been here a good five minuets" he yells across the street.
"Well looks like you beat me then!" I congratulate him. "Waited out here that long just to rub it in my face?"
"Of course!" He says. "Night Elle"
"Night Tom" I smile.
_________
School was okay, nothing special today other than Mr. P spending all of English class telling us about his now ex girlfriend, who stole his pet lizard.
Now for the fun, I get to get ready for the party. I pull out my phone, calling one of my friends from New York. It would be nice to hear a familiar voice.
"Hello?" I hear a guys voice through the phone.
"Hi who's this?" I ask.
"Elliot, who's this?"
My mouth drops practically to the floor.
"Who is it babe?" I hear my so called best friend say in the background.
"Oh you can tell her Elle called, but I don't have time to talk to back stabbing bitches" I say and hang up the phone.
I can not believe I just heard my best friend call my ex boyfriend babe, I can't believe they're together this late at night, it's like 11 pm there! Fuck her.
My phone starts ringing and I put it on mute, I'm really not in the mood to hear her bullshit excuses right now.
I was practically in love with Elliot, until he broke up with me because I wasn't ready to do anything yet. He broke my heart and I didn't leave my bedroom for two weeks. Yet here she is, dating him as soon as I left, pretending I never existed. We're all of my friends this two faced and terrible? Was I completely oblivious to everyone I exposed myself to? I honestly can't believe she would do this, she's the one who convinced me he wasn't worth fighting for! I guess they're both trash.
My phone dings and I look at the text.
Tom: you can ride with me if you want, since you don't know where Harrison's house is.
Well Thomas, as much of a goody two shoes as I am, I am going to get fucked up tonight so a ride won't hurt.
Elle: perfect! Thanks! Let me know when you're ready to leave.