Chapter 8

An extravagant castle stood before him, tall and proud. It was surrounded by acres of lush garden with aromatic flowers, luscious fruits and scrumptious vegetables. Several men were dressed in armors as they stood near the gate to guard the estate. Staff was buzzing in and around the estate like usual as the day broke out.

Knox took a moment of time to contemplate before going inside as he was there after several years. It was far very long while after that he was daring to enter the castle and he knew it was dangerous place for him.

He was going to place where he could never leave alive and to meet a person who could end his life with a snap of finger.

Taking a hesitant yet a daring step, he inched forward with his hands secure around the stole that was wrapped around his head. The guarding men were alert but with the help of few simple distractions, Knox skipped inside the castle without getting noticed.

He knew the castle like the back of his hand for the reason that he was there many times several years ago. That was the place where everything started.

The castle was the very place why he was in a position he was right then.

He was cautious when he was inside the estate. Knox stood in the dark corners and shadows to cover himself from the eyes and with a precise caution he reached the second story. There was the estate staff everywhere striving to complete the chores from cleaning, cooking to organizing.

As he stopped before a huge double door with exquisite carving, Knox heaved a breath as he chanted words of courage to himself. If it was not for his own life and his motive, he would never set a foot in the place again.

The door creaked loudly when Knox pushed it open and closed it behind him.

"You wish for your death to set your foot here after what you have done, Knox." Knox heard a harsh commanding voice and he immediately turned around to come face with the person who had been slaughtering him in his nightmares.

"I have something of your liking." Knox pretended to be brave as he proceeded further into the bedchamber. "It is the kinship we share that led me here to share the details of importance about Witch Orla even after breaking an oath with you, Lord Alder Emor" Knox looked at his friend weakly as he glanced at him with a frowning smile.

Alder Emor's face hardened at the sight of the man and at the sound of the woman he hated. His eyes glazed at Knox as he looked for the hint of truth in his dull eyes. At the confirmation, Alder nodded his head at his friend to proceed with the particulars.

"Witch Madonna had informed me the locality where Orla might be although she did not know the precise location." Alder's eyes widened slightly as he tried to conceal the smirk on his face.

~*~*~*~

Lucius Emor had always been a man with both the heart of kindness and brain of craftiness. It was the very first time that a certain someone had challenged him to explore more about his inner magic and strength.

The way how Madonna had consumed his energy which was created to destroy hers was still fascinating at the same time infuriating. She was one intriguing woman, per se.

But he not just had abundant powers but a well working mind too. It was not just about his sister or Orla anymore but the young witch had successfully stolen his attention with her actions.

Putting right amount of strength at right time can even defeat an overpowered person is the new lesson he learnt and he was going to put it into practice on the same person who had taught him.

"I finished the task given, My Lord." Davon, his bulter informed Lucius when he was drowing in his thoughts.

Lucius nodded his head with a sly smile as he waited outside the cave for little more before doing what he ought to.