Chapter 39

"No amount of words could express our regret, Lord Varnor." Varnor Demon heard Lord Xander. They knew how the Demon King must be feeling after ending the life of his own father.

Even though he is not truly his father, it took shunning away every ounce of sentiment in him to do the deed.

Orla had informed them of the ambush Alder and his men were planning on them and so Lucius and Varnor Demon had come up with strategies to execute the whole of the West troop.

They planned, sketched schemes and drew the important people from Alder's side to the west troop with the help of Madonna and few other witches. Once the four men with power were drawn into their trap that they laid in the west troop, they successfully slaughtered them leaving the vulnerability to Alder.

Was it simple execution? Not at all.

Those four were known for their best skills for a reason and it took several layers of schemes to dismantle their influence and give them their death finally.

What was more difficult was killing Lord Margot.

While Madonna and her acquaintances from Witch and warlock covens joined forces to take down the power of the other three, Varnor Demon had to fight the madly Lord Margok who could not remember his own son.

It took Lord Varnor a great amount of sacrifice to kill Lord Margot and he knew it was just the right thing to do. By birth he might be a sinned Demon but that one moment when he fought Lord Margok and killed him was when many had seen him much more than the exterior of a Demon King.

Although Lucius, Lord Xander went out to distract the help Alder might be sending, they knew of the turmoil Varnor Demon was facing. They need not look at him to know of his predicament, they knew it.

Lucius knew it for the reason he shall be killing Alder one day.

"Surprisingly enough Lord Xander, I feel no remorse whatsoever." Varnor Demon responded as he gulped down the scotching liquid of ale. "I truly felt it at the time of killing him ruthlessly but once it is over, surprisingly I feel not so burdened. It must be that the Demon inside liked killing much intensely." The Demon king chuckled making Lord Xander chuckle as well.

Although Lord Xander had come to be friends with Varnor Demon in recent time, he did learn of one thing; no matter if he was an angel or a Demon, the loyalty and relation between them mattered a lot.

Lord Xander liked the guts of Demon King. He liked the deadly side of his Demon and the humane side of his human.

Well proportioned!

After wiping out the West troop, Lucius and Madonna had returned back to Emor castle to avoid the prying eyes of suspicion while Lord Xander accompanied Varnor Demon for a drink at his castle.

Orla had been in the castle, the whole time making small talks with staff and soldiers who were guarding the castle. She made herself known to every other in the castle about her presence in the castle so as to make certain she was out of suspicion if ever raised.

She had successfully schemed everything to make certain Lucius and Madonna were out of suspicion as well as Lucius was out to see to the errands that came with the Lordship title while Madonna was sent by Orla to get an ingredient that she needs.

Even if Alder was to verify their excuse, he would know just what they had portrayed all along.

Orla sighed as she looked at the exhausted couple. Lucius and Madonna had used far more power in one term which might have tired them to bone.

"Son, take Madonna and have a rest. You both must be exhausted with the excess use of magic and teleporting spell as well." Madonna nodded as another wave of nausea hit her with force.