Chapter 10

Which was more surprising; knowledge on something you never knew of or knowledge on the events you knew however happened in an unexpected time?

Lucius was confounded by both the revelations his new wife made. One, the woman he wedded was cursed and the person who cursed was her very own innocent sister. Two, his sister was well flourished in using magic on which he had no knowledge regarding.

Why his gullible sister would chose to conceal fact of such importance from him and for what motive?

He had always knew her be born a human despite having the blue of two most powerful sorcerers yet, what he heard from the young Witch was an eye=opener.

"Not to worry, but I shall not die so simply." Lucius mumbled vaguely as his thoughts were reeling on the newly found details. "The curse is a person you shall love or one who shall love you would die. I shall not love you and positively, you shall not find interest in me."

Madonna was holding on to her arising anger by a thread of patience when oh good Lord declared his supposition on the curse. She was not certain what was wrong with the Emor set of siblings; one puts the curse and the other comes to be the prey to it.

"Liberate my powers." Madonna gritted in anger as the good Lord was sparing her dear time on a subject which was futile.

Madonna could do without her magic. She was taught by Orla to have a power in her mind and thoughts that no magic was needed for her to defeat or trick someone. Although, it was the period when she needed the support of her magic the most.

"No qualms, I shall; only when we find Orla and convene her. You shall get your magic back when you do my bidding and lead me to her." Lucius had put his intention. He knew that no amount of rituals could help her release her powers so she had to so what he shall say.

Lucius was not brutal or pitiless except he had to do what he had done for a motive. It was not just due to his sister's death but also to know many secrets that were coupled with his mother.

He knew it in his heart that his evil mother was the center of those unveiled mysteries and he had to know them firsthand before something vile take place. He had to learn about those subjects related to him and only his mother knew them.

Madonna heaved greatly as the annoyance clasped her nerves like a possessed devil. Only the hell knows her position at that time.

"We can leave when the first rays of sun hits the town on the third day from now. The expedition shall be long and exhausting thus I notify you to be wary." She told as she turned to him with an intent look. "Only when you vow to liberate my magic the moment you meet Orla." She ended waiting for his response.

Lucius took a moment to think over every minute subject and finally vowed to release her powers the very moment he saw his mother. On the other hand, Madonna rather not convinced by his presumption of her curse.

She was certain the Lord standing in front of her with a triumphing grin would not be able to save it for any longer. He would certainly die and she knew it by her heart, yet Madonna was astonished by his blind faith on the likelihood of his keeping alive. He had no knowledge of what depth of dark soul his goodsister owned.

Lucius left his wife alone and reached the bedchamber to rest. It was an exhausting night and he was drained by the few moments of small convene he had with his wife. She was infuriating as a mere Witch but a lot more annoying as a wife. He was puzzled by his ability to differ his annoyance for her from the appeal he has for her.

He found the exhausting time rather fun. To his astonishment, he felt to arguing back and forth with the irritated woman who was now his wife, a lot refreshing no matter how tiring it was.