Chapter 45

Orla and Lucius were frozen. They could not fathom the amount of pain and misery Madonna was experiencing right that moment.

She has been wallowing in her depression from the moment she came back with Alder. Madonna had created a maze around her chamber and had been crying profusely since then.

Orla and Lucius were able to pry through the maze and when they saw Madonna on floor weeping at with such pain miserably, both the mother and son got worried over her health.

They ran to hug her to comfort her of whatever she was going through. Madonna wrapped her hands around Orla as her tears continued to flow in an uncontrollable manner.

It came as a shock to Lucius as it was his very first time to see his young witch crying. To him, she was one of the strongest person he had ever knew of. No matter what she saw or what she came across, he saw her conduct everything with such calm and wicked manner. She never let despair overwhelm her thinking or sentiments.

Right that moment, seeing her cry breathlessly in a dark chamber away from others eyes and ears, he knew she got her heart broken quite miserable.

"I shall torment him slowly and painfully, Orla." Madonna hiccupped as she hugged Orla tightly. Looking at the unwell Madonna, tears rolled down Orla's eyes. She felt her heart sink in great sorrow as she watched the dear child she raised for years.

"Aye, aye, dear child. You will. You will." Orla whispered as she patted her back in a comforting manner. Madonna eyes blazed with fire as the will to destroy the man who has given her and her sister the lifetime worth misery blared inside her.

Nay, nay, she will not kill him. Killing him would be such a waste of effort. She will torture him, inflict pain and season his wounds with salt. She will inflict such a pain on him that she shall be sleeping at the night hearing his cries like a lullaby.

"You knew, didn't you?" Madonna asked after she calmed down a little. She turned to see Lucius kneeling beside her as he also has his hands around her in a warm hug.

She wanted to smile at the man that was hugging her like a true husband would when he had not left a chance to tease her when they were young.

As Orla's hands fell from around Madonna, Lucius tightened his in an attempt to support her frail body.

"You knew what happened to mother and how she was –" Madonna paused as she took a good breath to control the plethora of agony choked her. "- how she was forced to have Fina." Orla hated the moment.

She had been dreading from years the moment she had to tell what precisely happened to Madonna's mother. Orla had detailed her briefly of the misery she had to go however she could not tell the dear child to what extent it was.

Lucius closed his eyes in grief as he reveled over what his mother had told him of Thorne family. He had heard from his mother of the events of how Thorne family had seen their demise, especially Lady Thorne.

Lucius clearly remember how his mother had narrated all the events to him and slapped him with a fact that Madonna was much more important to her than him and asked him to take good care of her. He knows of the love his mother harbored for the young witch especially. She did not express it to Madonna fully but he could see his mother worrying and thinking of Madonna and her wellbeing every moment.

"Hush, darling. You have to stay strong for Fina, aye?" Lucius said as he hugged her tightly.

"We have no thought of killing Alder whatsoever, child. You and Fina shall have your share of vengeance on him. It is just the matter of three hours before the ritual starts." Orla continued to which Madonna nodded lightly as she felt all the energy left her body.