Chapter 27

The air itself was stumped by the revelation. It felt as if even the air is empathizing with the three when finally Lucius comprehended what he had heard.

Alys was Alder's daughter!

Good Lord! Lucius hadn't expected that the least. Now that Lucius was recalling everything was when he finally understood why his mother had been cruel to her own daughter.

Lucius felt a part of missing riddle has finally completed the mystery he was holding. The riddle piece was Alys, who he did not consider at all.

"Seeing as we did not how and in what manner Alder had stowed his magic in Knox, I had to make him a long log of rites. By then I had the knowledge of a person coming back from death and rise into a feral power." Orla narrated slowly, giving her son some time to unite everything that has happened.

"Madonna followed the future predicted by Mortas by leading Knox to perform injustice to Lady Ella according to your log seeing as she was the one who shall be bringing back the dead man with a marital bond. In that manner you protected Ella by isolating her before her husband was back to be her guard." Lucius joined the dots and made the picture of what might had happened.

Although Lucius was well aware of the past incidents, he still did not know of motives for few actions. Knowing his mother, he knew she could play several at one time but still some things were just too hard to combine and one of those was his sister.

"Orla and I did not know where Alder's magic was stowed so we had to make a log of rites in such a manner to benefit our motive of stripping him of the magic along with leading the prediction in a way to be our ally one day. Later fortunately we stumbled upon the truth that Knox's hands held it. So we took the opportunity and led Knox to the travelling Alys so we could take down Alys and Knox at the same time and put Alder into vulnerability." Lucius could not believe what he had done.

Without knowing his mother was directly behind Alys' slaughter, he had done something he shouldn't had but now thinking back to it, he had done just the right thing.

"I have to be grateful to you to cover my trail without delay after Aly's death. That way I had enough time to take a good hiding even from you." Orla smirked. That did nothing but to irk Lucius more.

He did not know of Alys being forced and slaughtered that time as he was more consumed on covering the trail of his mother who seemed to be found around that region. It was only when he masked everything of his mother from Alder and his allies that knew of what occurred.

So his mother knew he was helping her mask her trail all along those years. He was not surprised as it was expected of her. She was much more wise and clever than she could let out. She knew her son was being under Alder and helping from shadow and she took good benefit of it.

She knew he could not see the motive behind Alys' murder and would definitely go for her if he knew of her interference in the matter so she hid herself well and sent Madonna to take care of everything in her place.

Madonna being a great Witch, fashioned herself to be capable of finding Orla as long as she was still on the planet. She had impressed Alder enough to think she would back him later when time came and that was by a marital bond between Lucius and Madonna. After all, to Alder, family helps each other in the times of dark knowing not many knew of her evil intensions.

Alder had ideal picture for the impending war with Lucius as the final move to rise to power along with Madonna's strength, his other allies who were promised to be given great importance in his reign.

"I beg your pardon-" Madonna gaped at Madonna to see her smiling at her with a knowing look. "He was helping you all along?" Madonna almost yelled at Orla.