Chapter 32

The first reunion between Orla and Alder after decades was pretty fruitful for both of them.

Both the wife and husband were immensely satisfied with how the events turned out in their favor; least, one of them were not really in a favorable position which they are unaware of.

Orla had narrated the great tale that she along with Lucius and Madonna spun with extreme care and effort. The tale was spun with a great care, clarification and drama that Alder had fell for it.

"I was not terrified in the beginning with the knowledge that I and you together are able to face any extreme of power and magic. But that altered when I received yet another mysterious missive from the person that he knew of a weakness that you hold and he shall not think twice to use it and take you down. I had no notion why that person holds such hatred towards you but it only later I thought that I was the weakness he was talking about. If I was to be used against you and you against me, the whole of Emor kin shall be extinct in matter of moments." Orla smiled as she recalled the chat she had with Alder.

She was impressed by herself – nah – she was amused by the scene that took place few moments ago. She was smiling widely as she knew that Alder had bought her tale and was acting upon it just like she wanted.

Orla was pleased to see the years of her hard work and planning was finally giving the fruit she was waiting for. She had worked too hard for years to wipe out the existence of Alder brutally from the Earth and she would play her pieces just the manner at right pace to leave no leaf unturned.

"I find myself still in the muddle as to why you shall act on threaten? As you say, we are undoubtedly the strongest together." Orla had expected the query from Alder and she was prepared to it.

It was not just his method of interrogating the truth out of her but also his manner of assuring himself.

"I didn't. Although one night while I was using the dark portion of my magic to see who was threatening me, I suddenly felt vibes of danger lurking around us. I initially overlooked it as it might happen when you awaken the darkest depths of your magic; until I heard a scream from Alys bedchamber. You heard it as well and had reached her chamber the very moment, didn't you. We found our days old daughter in the muddle of her own blood spewing out of her mouth." When Alder nodded to her, she went on with her tale.

"It was not someone else who did that. It was I. I harmed our daughter and you know why, because someone had triggered my magic against me which was no easy feat seeing the amount of strength and control I hold over my being. After few more times my powers were triggered to act against my kin, I had to run away to keep us safe." When Orla was done narrating, Alder was nearly deep into her concoction of web she made for him.

It was she who had harmed Alys to begin with, intentionally. Every incident of harm that had taken place on Emors' years back were all act by Orla with the intention of getting away from Alder so as to slowly end him.

She knew Alder had hidden powers through many sources and she couldn't take him down by living under same roof as him which was the reason for her leave Lucius in Alder's care and run away to find those sources and end his strength first before ending the person completely.

There was no hiding that Alder was indeed a devil incarnate. He was the worst of the devil she could ever know of, not to forget, he had destroyed many of her nearest and dearest drunk in power thirst.

She had put her dear son in the arms of harm willingly and ran as she knew Alder would not harm him as Lucius one person who was better kept alive to support him from behind. Orla knew it.

She had sacrificed too much for her son, for her friends who was bloody murdered by Alder and his men to either get them out of his way or to get their abilities for himself.