Chapter 31

"You took a wife without informing your father, son?" Alder gave a pretentious amused chuckle as he sized down the newly wedded pair.

His eyes glanced over the intertwined hands to the pleasant smiles on each of their faces. If someone said Lucius and Madonna were not in love, then he would debate a whole day certainly. Their affection for each other was glowing brightly on their faces.

"You are not the only one, Milord." Madonna replied in her husband's stead with much needed sarcasm dripping in her tone. Madonna had to bite down the smirk taking over her skillful void face.

Madonna shouldn't show her true feelings to Alder. She wanted to use the lack of knowledge of their true relationship as a benefit to mystify Alder and stall some time to find Fina. She wanted Alder to not show any of his interest in Lucius or her and just let them be on their own.

"Regardless, Father; we finally found Orla for you." Lucius' tone morphed into one with resentment and anger when he took his mother's name. "With Madonna's help, we found her. Madonna had somehow influenced to bring Orla with us." Lucius glanced over to the bed where his mother was sleeping peacefully.

It was needed for Lucius to show his hostility towards his mother in from of Alder. Rather, he supposed he shall be hostile with her for the whole time of her stay in the Emor estates.

It was better to not give Alder or any of the staff the idea of Lucius being in excellent terms with his mother. All the trouble of putting everything dear to them on the death trap just so they could get rid of Alder and his army was getting to Lucius gradually.

What he was playing was a dangerous game of chess. He was using the Queen herself to kill her own king and the king would never know of it. When his pieces of soldiers and his allies would be making a barrier for the king to protect him from the enemy, the Queen herself shall make a move to kill the king within the barriers.

Now that the beginning phase of their tactics was in place, Lucius and Madonna shall be slowly eliminating Alder's army one by one as alike Alder, the army he made was quite perilous as well. One of the major concerns that worried Lucius, Madonna and Orla was the capabilities of the army.

They have no knowledge of what said army was capable of. One of the allies of Alder who was his person indeed did tell him that there were thousands of them that he made all by himself. They were savages as of what he had gathered but their abilities, none of them were certain about.

Lucius glanced over the sleeping figure of his mother and gritted his teeth for throwing her with Alder to find Fina all by herself. It was a dangerous task, however, he and Madonna were to first weaken Alder's support after weakening his magic and powers.

"How did you make the darned stubborn woman come along, Madonna dear." Alder asked in a fatherly manner that does not go well with him at all.

Now that she was the wife of his and the Lady of the region, Alder was going to use everything that time and fate has offered him in a silver platter. That includes being in good books of the young witch.

"You shall have your answers from her, Milord." Madonna said as she gestured him towards the bed where Orla was sleeping.

They turned to the bed and saw her waking up from her slumber. Orla was brought in the state of sleep as Lucius said to Alder that he would not travel the long way with her willingly so a trip with the sleeping mother was healthier choice.

Alder rushed to the bed as he sat beside the waking lady with much desperation that he was not prepared to show. He was looking for Orla all that time was for the reason that she was unintentionally the cause behind his daughter's death. That was what he had been telling Lucius and all other who were not on the same boat as him.