Chapter 35

The Demon King was in a grand fit of temper as he heard the reports of his father being a part of Alder's troop. He was simply uncontrollable for several moments until his wife and his son Aiden was there to comfort him of his anger.

Demons were known for their anger and a King at that was royally furious. He could not believe what he heard from the young Emor couple at first. He argued, fought and at the last went himself to the troop's residing place to see for himself.

It was only when he saw him with his good eyes was when he had given up his sanity that he was hanging to.

"He is not your father now." The Demon King, Varnor Demon, heard from beside him. His head hung low as the comfort from his wife was slowly settling him.

His Queen was a lady with great skills in judgment. She had been with Varnor when he was in tough position and had guided him through the thin lanes of impossibilities opening the huge doors of possibilities for him.

She has always been a lady with invigorative thoughts and resolutions. Her being only a half of Demon helped him and his kingdom much greatly. Her Nymph side has always been a good guide to him.

"Lord Margok was not the person you had seen, darling. You know of it, don't you?" She probed tenderly again as she came to notice his horns and fangs were threatening to liberate.

"There comes a time when I might have to massacre him. The Demon on me was barely on leash; it was tearing my sanity to have control and kill Alder painfully for doing that to my father." Varnor Demon grasped the bottle of ale potion Madonna had provided him to keep his Demon at bay. With a gulp of the potion, he calmed down a little as he turned his head to his Queen with eyes weary and nearly drowsy.

He could not believe Alder had thought of every possible upraising that might arise in prospect and prepared for it in the form of his own army.

How clever of him to have his father in his army not to forget many more potent people from several clans in his army at his whims.

Indeed how clever!

"Hear me again, My King; the man you had seen was not your father. He is not Lord Margok. Lord Margok was deceased and you of all people knew he was indeed deceased. You had seen his corpse getting burned in the lava lair." The Queen, though it was quiet insensitive of her had reminisced his memories of his father's death.

She had no other way to soothe her husband regarding the man posing as his father. It had become not just the Emor's war but theirs as well as Lord Margok was seen in the troop.

"Indeed he was; however, you know the man I saw is still a part of my father." Varnor Demon retorted tenderly as he sighed heavily.

His Queen was right. She always was. His father was deceased and the man whom he had seen only had a little of his father in him. The man had no soul, no Demon in him nor he had any past kinship with them.

Yet, how come he kill that man who was similar to his father? How could he when his father was a great parent to him when he was alive?

He was feeling helpless for the very first time in his centuries of life. He had lived hundreds of years, he had done several Demonic activities the threatened many clans of power, he had drummed destruction several times and he was quite proud of his demonic existence as well of his dominance.

Still, he was feeling helpless when it has come to his kin.

"That was the purpose why Alder had chosen Aiden to stow his powers. The motive behind was he could control the whole of demon clan if he had the demon prince in his influence and the previous king as well even though he might have only few of his demonic powers." He spoke as his hand had formed into a strong fist. His skin has begun to turn red as his anger was taking control over him.