Chapter 30

"Why would she get herself caught by them, Orla. They must have reached her." Madonna screeched, nearly yelled as the panic took over her senses.

Her sister was missing and she was probably in the hands of the cruel person from whom they had been protecting from.

Good Lord! Madonna was not prepared to loose the only of her kin to the cruelty of the man.

"Breath, Madonna." Lucius tapped her back in a soothing manner as he took her to the chair beside Orla. "Sit."

Madonna complied with the order although she would usually get irked by the commanding tone. She was terrified right the moment and is incapable of having thoughts of anything but her sister.

"Mother, had you not assured us that Fina would be well protected in forbidden lands?" Lucius stood before the women and recalled the details he heard about Fina from his mother and later from his young witch.

To be frank, he hadn't expected of a Phoenix, much less, the only phoenix to be Madonna's sister and was being protected from Alder Emor from several years in forbidden lands.

Fina's existence proved to be quite a shock to Lucius however he had understood the circumstances.

"It is not feasible to enter the forbidden parts of the forest, son. Fina was there, living, all for the reason that the deities of the lands had given their acquiescence. After seeing the much importance of the time and situation, the deities had taken Fina in and had been protecting her since that time. Fina was raised by the dangers of the Forbidden forest dearly." Lucius nodded his head in a knowing manner as he gazed at his wife to see her still in her terrified pose.

Lucius had to agree that he had never seen his wife terrified to the extent he was seeing at that moment. Although he was being the calm and composed person out of the three, he knew of the gravity of the issue in hands.

Fina was a phoenix, the only phoenix alive was much grave issue than it seemed to be. Lucius closed his eyes for a moment to compose all his thoughts and think of what he could do to get Fina back.

But the question that was disturbing him was, why would Fina yield herself to the people who would hurt her?

"The moment we find her, I shall turn her into a log of wood and shall secure her with magic. When she was clarified of the dangers lurking outside the forest for her, how dare she put our orders in shambles?" Madonna clipped as she was heating up fury. Unlike her husband, she was far from calm.

She was like an erupting volcano that would burn everything in her path and turn them into ashes. Save for, she was much enraged on the sister of hers who did not take their commands well and walked away doing just what she desired.

"Madonna, help Alder find my mother." Lucius statement stunned the women. They were concerned about Fina that they had forgotten about the major trouble coming their way.

Alder...

"We shall be the filial son and lady and find my mother for Alder before his people finds her. It shall make Alder trust us. He has no impression of the three of us being together. We can only find Fina when we stay under the same roof as Alder. I am his last piece of sacrifice, Mother is his way of retaining his powers and you are one of the most influential and powerful witches, together with my mother you shall be a great source of power to Alder." The witches nodded their heads at Lucius in agreement as they make their own schemes to bring down Alder before he could use Fina.

Fina's phoenix blood was the only way he could get all his powers back in a good sense. Fina was like a wishing tree to all those who was greedy after power and rank.