Chapter 49

Good or bad, right or wrong, for a woman to kill her own child was much painful than hurting oneself. Orla had no regrets in whatever she had done to Alys however, she still held the pain of doing so.

Only she knew the pain of being the reason for the death of her own child for the wellbeing of others. She had to sacrifice the evil soul her daughter had so she could save the land from the uprising evil and if she had to then she would do it all over again.

Although... although she was hurting from her heart.

Orla could be potrayed as cold but she isn't heartless. Alys's birth had made her much crueler than ever while sometimes she thought she was more evil than Alder for her past actions.

"You? You Orla? Why would you, to your own daughter?" Alder gasped in disbelief, the little energy he had left him after the revelations were made.

It made him feel defeated and useless at that moment of time.

"It was your own fault. You were not Alder, yet you sham him in his place and made fun of my devotion for him. You turned the caring man I loved to one who I dearly despised now. You thought evil, did evil and gave me a spawn of evil as a daughter. You killed many innocent in the greed for power. If it was not for you, I would have never left Lucius when he was just a child and needed his mother the most, It was you to blame for the reason I had to spend decades in hiding. Madonna and Fina has no kin to reach out for was caused by you." Orla, a witch who was named as a calm and composed lady, bellowed as the anger coursed through her heart and mind.

She could not just let go of the death of her best mate which left her daughters orphan.

Alder heard her in silence but one look at him and one can say he has no tear of remorse in his eyes. His eyes glowed with the same pride and greed they always held. His posture was one of infuriated one and the traces of utter betrayal he experience was found in the way he clenched his jaw.

Indeed the saying 'one cannot straightened a dog's tail' is quite appropriate.

With no further thought, Alder took the moment of distraction to his benefit and pulled Fina in to his arms as he tightened his hold on her neck. He squeezed her neck bringing her back with him as a hostage to escape from there as soon as possible.

He could as well make all the efforts all over again for years if he was alive rather than being an element of torment in their hands. The right option he has at the moment was to escape alive as he has nothing to fight over at that moment.

But with Fina in his hands, the phoenix blood shall make the procedure much easy for him.

Alder thought he understood them, he understood how affectionate they were with each other and how protective they were of each other but when all he received was a mere raise of an arrogant brow from each of them, he realized he would not be able go away from there even with the little phoenix.

Fina did not even flinch; much less there was no fear in her eyes whatsoever. "You certainly disappoint me Alder Emor. I am a Phoenix, born with fire, fierce and impulsive in nature." Fina said with a snicker as she created blew out gush of fire from her mouth. The fire reached his hand that held her mercilessly and burnt it into black fog while later blend with the air.

Alder screamed in extreme pain but than him, the way he was hurt scared his followers who were around. The people who followed him like a religion were now standing far away from him in the hopes of keeping themselves alive. The way Alder cried in agony made the others shiver in extreme fear.

"I want to torture you, give you one new pain every moment for what all the evil you had ever done so I cannot kill you. These past few days in the crow kingdom, I had made great plans for what I shall do to you." Fina scowled gritting the words out as she felt the satisfaction she felt while voicing them out.