Chapter 46

After having lost hundreds of his warriors, Alder had made certain to entertain the remaining few of them in the dark moon ritual so as to keep them from getting slaughtered.

Not that he was very much worried of their wellbeing, nay, they were alive or dead, it doesn't much matter to him as long as they fulfill what he wanted.

That night was much special to him. It was the night when he would get everything he was aiming for from past few decades.

Although Alder was able to lock Lucius and Madonna in their chamber, he knew it would not be able to hold them for longer time considering the synergy power that comes with joining both of their energies.

If it was not for his suspicion on Madonna that suddenly struck his mind, he would not be able to see that the young witch was one of the many that was against him. The silly young witch thought she fooled him in the dungeons when she could not respond to when he narrated the atrocities he did in the past.

Although Alder knew it would be a lethal move to reveal all of his atrocities, it was worthwhile to do so as to see to whom was the young Witch related to. But what surprised him the most was Lucius was one of the people who was looking out for his demise.

Alder could not narrow down to who Madonna was related to, but he did know that she definitely harbored hatred for him. He shall work out with both of them once the ritual was done with.

As he donned a dark purple cloak with intricate design of bat covering the full moon, he hurried over to the backyard where his men had prepared for the ritual. As he walked towards the backyard, he stopped at Orla's chamber to see if she was prepared enough for the night.

Alder had many thoughts galloping in his mind. One of which that was overpowering was, Orla's true intention towards him. Somehow, due to some reason, Lucius was against him which gave Alder a purpose to doubt on Orla as well.

But what was holding him back was Orla's activities. She hadn't done anything over past years or pver past few days in Emor manor for him to get suspicious of her. She had truly helped him in several affairs and from all the spies he had planted on Orla's tail had given him reports of Orla's ignorance on anything Lucius or Madonna had done.

"Milord," He heard the soft voice coming from his behind. Alder turned to see Orla decked up in the traditional dressing for a Witch along with a crooked wand that she always uses while performing rites.

"The moon is about to reach to its full potential in few moments, we are to summon the deities and spirited devil to the practice." Orla reminded him to which he nodded in agreement.

With no ado, they reached the backyard of the Emor manor and found tens of warriors, a pair of his acquaintances who were still alive along with the Queen of crows with her men.

Orla appeared calm and composed that it made Alder discomfited. He knew much of the confidence that Orla held when it came to her magic. She was not just powerful and lethal but she also has just the right amount of poise that needs to be a great witch.

However, that was not what got Alder ill at ease, it was the matter that Orla had not asked him any questions regarding the ritual and going through with it in a calm manner.

Did that mean she trusted him that much? He is not certain about it.

Did she know of his intentions and wanted the same for herself which made her oblige with him? A great possibility.

"Dearest, we shall start with awakening the deities of water, air, fire and land for their blessings followed by casting the spells of mazes around the backyard." Orla nodded as she proceeded what she was told.