Chapter 21

Alder Emor roared in aggravation as he felt yet another pain of loosing one of his best soldiers that he made.

No it can't be. It can't be.

He did not understand who was responsible for all the mishaps happening with him. He could not figure out who it was that was going against him and leaving no stone unturned to get him entirely vulnerable.

A cloud of mayhem took over his features as he carried the pelt of the young human boy he killed, inside the Witch's cave and placed it on the large log that was next to her writing table.

Alder can still feel the loss by the fresh pain still stinging in his heart.

Keya...

What had ever happen to the elf that she lost her ability?

He has to do something to stop it. He has to stop those who are against him. His unknown foes are now gradually taking over his army of power and ability that he made himself.

He shall not keep still and shall do whatever it takes to get back what he lost. He was cornered undoubtedly but there has to be a way, even a small way to get better from his situation.

It was not just the loss of Keya's strength but he was also feeling the loss of something of very importance as if a protective guard was taken away from him.

Alder glanced around the small cabin of the young witch and found it vacant. He was presuming her to walk in her usual graceful manner and look at what he got for her but when he found the cave empty, he was disappointed.

He was about to shout out her name when a scroll of red satin hanged itself in air before him. The scroll of missive was long and bright allowing Alder to read it even in the darkness of the cave.

'My Lord, pardon me for going on a small trip unannounced. It was a matter of importance. However, I stand by on my words and I shall keep my promise of guiding you to the Witch Orla. Place what I have asked for on the pattern of star and moon I made near the fire place and you shall be given what you asked for.'

The missive said and Alder without a wait noticed the small place near the fireplace was adorned with patterns to perform magic. There was a star in the middle made with the dirt from the graveyard perhaps.

Alder being well aware of most of the patterns of for the rites and ingredients used for performing magic, he got the sack of pelt he acquired and placed it cautiously in the middle of the star.

Seeing a bowl of crow ash next to it, Alder sprinkled the powder on the sack and waited for the sack to disappear.

As the star and the skull design got on fire, the sack burned and swallowed into the ground. The fire slowly died down when the sack has disappeared and before the fire was fully died, the scroll of red satin appeared from dying fire.

Standing on his tips, he got hold of scroll and opened it to see that the young witch has kept her word by providing him with the whereabouts of his run away spouse.

With a new resolution, he walked out of the cave and soon found his carriage. He ordered the driver take him to his secret place.

The carriage came to a halt when the sun has set and the moon was shining to its greatness. As Alder got down from the carriage, he took a deep sigh as he sized the old building covered by the large lush trees from all the sides.

He was attempting for the meet from past several days but with the pace his foes were attacking him, he need to get his act together. He was being far too mournful about what he had lost to be able to get his everything together to seize what he could get.