Chapter 19

"Nah. When you do not know of my curse or of your sister's magic spree, I would say you are tricking me out of my interest." Madonna looked straight into Lucius eyes without blinking and said with no hesitation.

Aah, there has to be another motive behind wedding her. The way he dodged her query with a jest, she was inquisitive.

Madonna, for one, knew with confidence that Lucius was not aware of Alys' reality or the great motives she hid behind her innocent facade. In that case, he knew naught of the curse from the beginning.

There was something that she was missing in the whole anecdote. It was feeling that she was not frequently aware of. Ignorance!

She was having a intuition of being unaware of few important details that she had to know of but was not informed to her.

Madonna had her own cause to be a person of importance in the ongoing war. Orla has her own causes for being a brutal soldier as well. Alder Emor was the major person in the whole feud due to which he was their considerable foe.

But how is Lucius ever involved in it?

Lucius was a man who was raised by his father's love and affection. He was provided with everything by Alder Emor, not to forget, Lucius was also provided with some great fiction tales by Alder to make certain Lucius was always on his side.

Alys was a good and an innocent sister to him. He knew nothing about the devil side of his sweet sister or the truth of his father. However, Lucius was a strong participant in the game.

She has no idea if he was going against her and Orla or against his own father. Why is Lucius even a part of it, is what Madonna finds intriguing.

On the other hand, Lucius noticed the thoughtful crease on the young Witch's face and shook his head with a small smile. To Lucius, Madonna was a woman who cannot be replaced by anyone considering how hardheaded and conniving she was.

"It was not a complete lie though." Lucius probed her interest, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Meaning?" Madonna asked, long forgot about the food. She was now very much attentive of him.

"I am still breathing and excellent. Is this not evident that I am not affected by the curse?" Madonna scoffed at his buoyancy and replied with a "Yet".

Both of them eaten sufficiently continued their journey with a little more energy and light hearts. Lucius was able to make her talk again which was a great success in itself and Madonna felt light after she finally talked to her husband.

It was yet another stunning emotion that both of them felt. Few days ago, they were undoubtedly attracted to each other but were very annoyed with each other's personality as well.

They couldn't stand other without cussing their stars that day but that has slightly changed. In the present time, their feelings towards each other have changed to good notch.

Now, they are considerate; did not desire to see the other in a bad disposition. Although they had their disagreements and quarrels, they started enjoying it.

Lucius was surprised by how the relation between them has started changing to better and they did not even realize it. The sharp tug he felt in his heart the other night when he had seen a glum look pass on her face when her family was reminded of; he still could not forget it.

The selfish, cold hearted woman that people call her was nothing but a prey to fate's amusement. That one moment, that one pained expression, had made Lucius heart go wild with ache.

First it was sudden lust then it was sudden interest in bickering with her and later it was the ache he felt for her. It was the first time he felt such strongly for a woman.