Chapter 23

A stream of fire coursed through her body as the lips that were attacking hers were breathing out life into hers. Her thoughts were hazy – nah – she was unable to have any thoughts.

When her guards were slowly getting down, Lucius wrapped an arm around her and crushed her soft luscious goodness to his hard panes of chest when a plethora of sparks danced over their bodies.

Madonna felt a tingling sensation in her insides as her husband's lips bit her lower lip with an audible groan. She felt his hand which was holding her close to him slowly move along her body in a heated grope.

She did not know if he used any of his magic or was it the magic of the kiss that was making his hand spew out lava of fire and cold wherever he touched.

It felt as if fire and ice are fighting to take control over senses and surprisingly, she felt that quite appealing.

She hates to admit it but she loved it. She loved the feeling.

Was it her first time kissing a man? Nah, she had kissed far many men in her young life, some who interested her, some merely to get her task done, some to enchant and use them; but never had she felt like she was flying like a bird akin to the feeling she was with Lucius.

Lucius was drowned. He was engulfed with sentiments that were as well new to him. Was the young witch any special? Was the sense of consumption he was experiencing for the first time ever was what his wife caused?

Lucius had lovers although he was a no rake, he had enjoyed the thrill of warm bed with women quite frequently but what was he undergoing then?

Her lips felt as if she was feeding honey in his mouth. The sweetness was ineffable. Her moans, good Lord, was she a siren.

For a seductress she claims to be, she was very much gullible in his arms, suspended at his mercy and bending him to her will unintentionally.

Lucius was never the one to take risks and he knew kissing her delectable lips was not a peril to begin with. He had understood good time earlier when they had accidently shared a kiss that kissing shall not kill him.

She was certain that there was some ambiguity in the curse that made a leeway for him. Either the whole curse was a sham or there was definitely a leeway.

Pulling back just a breath away from her, his lustful eyes found hers. Her chest was heaving sensuously attempting to take as much air into her lungs as possible. The act had turned on his lust intensely as the beauty before him was one of a kind.

Where was she all those eon of years? Her wild traits added to her eternal beauty, goodness, was making him go feral.

What had begun like a clash slowly malformed into something akin to affection in due period of mere days and he would be lying if he said he was not enjoying it.

"You should have not done it, Milord." Madonna breathed out in a whisper and the rasp screech in her tone was quite enough to make the fire return to his body.

"Ah, but I would love to embrace death, albeit not for you, but for the searing kiss we shared." Lucius chuckled with a wink making Madonna glare at him intensely.

There, she was putting efforts to keep herself away from him and save the Lord's life and the same Lord was gambling his own life.

Orla wasn't concerned regarding her son's living and acted casual with aspects of his death but Madonna wasn't Orla. She cannot push the Lord to his death but what was not making any sense was why Orla was so casual about her husband.

Orla had no enmity with her son nor was Lucius any way involved with the evils of the impending war, then why?

The night deepened with familiar sparks but surrounded by the air of unease. The mere meet of lips has made the night much more heated. Thoughts of each other swarmed their minds as they shared a hidden smile from each other.