Chapter 9

It was hazy like she was sleeping in the arms of clouds, eyes fogged by white mist and body felt feeble. Her thoughts were quite muddled while she could not process her mind to remind her what had happened and what was happening.

Why was she feeling so exhausted?

Madonna's vision cleared slowly as she rubbed her eyes thoroughly and only when her vision was clear was when she felt the stinging pain on her palm. Her one hand was feeling heavy with the palm gashed surrounded by dried liquid of the blood.

"Good day. I see you finally chose to wake up." Madonna heard a very familiar voice filled with amusement. Her eyes darted to the source of the voice and found him sitting on her desk with a mug of steaming liquid in his hands.

His stance was relaxed as he took a sip of the steaming liquid with a consistent show of a smirk on his lips. She realized she was sleeping on the floor on her rugged carpet.

What was she doing on the floor and why was she in that position?

What happened last night that she could not remember?

Why was the scheming Lord sitting inside her establishment?

The questions troubled her and to add to the concerns she found a dreading tread tied around her wrist. Realization slowly dawned unto her when she recognized the union between the gash on her palm and the tread on her wrist.

No, this shall not be what she was doubting.

It cannot be!

Oh Goodness, she could not possibly be –

"You Plague-sour Rascal! You wedded me?" She yelled at Lucius as she bolted up to stand in front of him.

He cannot marry her!

This was wrong! This was senseless!

Although Orla did not care, Madonna did. Madonna, somehow, to some scope cared about the Lord and she did not want him to loose his life.

"Aye, Milady." The nonchalant reply angered Madonna which led her to twist her wrist to summon some magic to hurt him but her efforts were of vain.

Nothing happened when she chanted or when she tried to produce energy in her hands. She shook her head to clear her head and tried again which still led to disappointment.

To Lucius, it felt as if a common woman was waving her hands when one go mad, which brought another twitch of smile on his lips.

It was all going like he thought and it shall carry on the same way.

"Why am I not able to wield my magic?" She gritted in annoyance as she tried several more times with a hope that it would work.

Suddenly, she looked about with a stun and raised her eyebrow in question. She knew it, she somehow had a feeling why her magic was not working. She could feel it in her blood and body.

"Do you know what you have done?" Madonna's eyes widened as the fury took over her. She walked dangerously towards him and fisted her hand in an attempt to control herself from punching him.

He not only wedded her without her will but also sealed her darn powers.

"Yes Sweeting, I had wedded you, sealed your powers so you could do my bidding. Now that I hold the means to all your magic, you shall be a good wife and help your husband in achieving his purpose." Lucius shrugged and gulped down his warm tea.

She was his wife and he was not obliged to trade any of his sister's possessions to get what he wanted. With one decision to wed her, he had succeeded in not just forcing her to do his bidding, not only establish a source to unearth the mysteries surrounding his life but also a way to unearth her own mysteries.