Chapter 16

Alder was pacing in the middle of the forest fretfully as he was waiting for the right moment to do what he ought to.

Right after he used his minimal power to put a curse on Knox, he fell weak and dropped to his knees not long after. He was previously vulnerable both physically and magic wise but after using his last bit of energy on a imprudent human ally, he lost it.

He was feeling beaten and aged than previously and he had to gain a little strength before he could get his powers back slowly.

He waited for the time to pass away until the light is gone and darkness take over. It was a long wait in a unfamiliar place with chilling wind tightening his wrinkled skin causing him wither in dry coolness.

His hands were shivering cause of both weakness and cold while the clattering of his teeth is evident that he could soon go into dying unconsciousness if he was not taken care of.

As the moon rose up and the noise coming from the nearby village was gone, he slowly made his way to the village, camouflaging himself behind trees and thick shrubs.

The village was silent which meant they were asleep. That was just the moment Alder was waiting for. He slowly made his way to the entrance of the village where a huge arch and totems stood. Taking cautious steps, he crossed the small clearing and reached a two story house.

He had already known who he was looking for and where he lives so wasting no time, he sneaked into the small house from large window by opening it without making any sound.

Once he was inside, he moved stealthily to a bedchamber upstairs and opened the door to see the one he needed.

Alder was not a person to feel vulnerable or fretful but with time everything has changed. He has become a person he never imagined in his worst nightmares. All of his years of effort were botched.

Taking a breath, he clutched the dragger which he hide inside his inner shirt and unhurriedly moved towards the bed. Although he was anxious, he was also determined. He had to do what he had come for and he shall.

Alder noticed a small figure sleeping on the bed peacefully. By the looks of it, the child was no more than five summers. He was child, a babe.

Aiken...!

He wondered why Madonna wanted death of a child like such. He was no more than five and he was a harmless human. Nonetheless, he proceeded further knowing this is what he wanted too.

Holding the dagger closer, Alder stretched out his hand to close the child's mouth first before attacking him. The house was full and filled with human tribe which gives him a little benefit to defend himself easily if it had to come to it.

Not wasting any time, Alder clasped the boy's mouth tightly making certain no sound was heard from his mouth and pulled out the dagger from his shirt.

Aiken woke up from his sleep with a jerk and struggled to pry the hand away. It was too dark in the chamber for him to see but he could see the spark of the dagger in the air. His eyes widen and moist with tears as he tried to scream for help but Alder had pressed the Aiken's mouth harshly and pushed the sharp dagger into the child's heart in a deep plunge.

The child wailed in pain, thrashed violently to make a noise, any kind of sound to wake up his kin. Alder was having no such thing, he wanted the boy dead quickly so he plunged the dagger into the child's heart again, this time with more force.

Alder, however felt no remorse for what he was doing. It was not just for Witch Madonna he was killing the boy but for himself as well.

He lost all of his powers and strength therefore to first get his strength back; he needs to kill a human. A sin so big to kill an innocent human shall increase his strength through his black magic. As soon as he gained enough strength in his body, he shall start gathering his powers back again.