Chapter 41

How was she feeling?

Was she feeling betrayed that Lucius kept such a secret from her or was she happy that he was her only friend that she had in her childhood days?

A warm shiver made its way through her at the thought of Lucius loving her. He had been fond of her even when they were young and that alone caused a kin of butterflies to stroll inside her stomach.

She loved it.

She loved when she had a person that loves her. It made her experience plethora of emotions.

No wonder why Lucius was Orla's son. Both the mother and son are royally outfitted when it came to providing love. She could not show enough gratitude to Orla for sending Lucius to play with her when she was all alone and depressed.

Her respect for Orla intensified with the norms of affection she held for her friend and her daughter.

Madonna looked over to the span of vast greenery that spread around the Emor manor. Standing in the gallery of her bedchamber, she looked over to Lucius who was showing some great swordsmanship while practicing with few of his men.

She was watching him swing his sword swiftly as he singlehandedly defended himself from six men who were attacking him. He swung the sword again in a whirling manner like a whirlpool of sandstorm knocking the swords of other men in a matter of moments.

She gasped dreamily as her eyes trailed over the hard length of his body with sweat trickling like a stream of waterfall.

How magnificent!

She could not help but run her tongue over her lips as she felt them dry. If not for the stressing conditions they were going through, she would have kissed him.

If not for the damned curse on her head, she would have spend most of her nights and possibly days in his arms.

But now that the situations had escalated for them, they were trying to stay low and act as necessary rather than going for attacks mindlessly.

After the attack on west troop, they had taken benefit of the chaos in Alder's army and attacked chiefs of their troops and their general.

While they had victoriously ended all the chiefs, they could only hurt the general severely with the lack of time on their hands. They made certain to weaken the army by with the general still alive and in comatose, Alder was getting his act together as he started preparing for the Dark moon ritual which was only two days later.

Keeping the general breathing is no more than suicidal for Madonna and her people. The general had seen Lucius and her on the attacking side and if he was still breathing, then it shall be a great danger for them.

But not just that, they also have another issue on their head.

Alder had notified Lucius of his supposed army with the similar tale he had narrated to Orla and asked Lucius to head his army like a general.

If it was not for the request coming from Alder himself without intervention of any advice from his council members, then it is ought to be a trap.

Alder never trusted Lucius which was more reason to doubt his intents behind his decision.

Although they were getting close to eliminate the each of the soldiers of Alder's army, they were still mindful of Alder's devices for the Dark Moon ritual.

He was not preparing for acquiring the ultimate power for himself and that was positive. The question that was still not answered was, who shall be the bearer of such Ultimate power?