Chapter 36

It was as if time had taken a hollering leap at the vulnerability of Lucius and his troop. As though everything they had known and unknown of were going against them with great might.

They thought letting the matter of finding Fina for a few days would be better, knowing Alder would not be going for her anytime soon. Alder was supposed to be gaining enough strength to be able to host the rites he wished to.

Without enough abilities, he was incapable of performing any kind of ritual then how come he was suddenly performing the rites.

"There is something that does not feel right." Orla expressed as the small assembly of members assumed their seats yet again.

"As though the ritual was either an entrap or –" Lucius gritted out in a low dangerous tone while Madonna finished what he was saying. "- Or he is concocting to use Orla by the time of dark moon night."

At Madonna's words Orla raised her fairly trimmed eyebrow with a scoff sending her way.

"You are aware of the fact that it was nearly unfeasible to use Orla or her powers against her will." Varnor Demon probed as he rubbed her chin in a thoughtful manner.

Was Alder that confident that Orla would help and support him in his madness?

Does he trust her to that extent?

Not a person sitting in the small assembly could believe Alder has such blind belief on Orla. There has to be something.

There was certainly something.

"It is not unless he has enough energy can he cope with the power he could get from Fina's blood and evidently Alder does not have that energy. If he was putting all his bet on Lady Orla's support, then he would have already mentioned of his intensions to her by now." Lord Xander mulled out loudly as he was trying to see the whole portrait of the strategy.

Lucius watched the Lord as he nodded to him in a gesture to continue what he was thinking. Every person of the meeting are thinking of the same story.

Orla and Madonna exchanged a brief look sighing over the whole disoriented situation. It was just few days ago that they were so convinced of elimination Alder and anyone related to him, however the tables has turned in just a little time.

"It is not the Alder in person that is thorny to us anymore. Even though he gains his powers back somehow, he was still an easy prey." Lord Xander paused over his mulling as he turned to Lucius with a inquisitive gaze, "Lord Lucius, I might be very much wrong on the possibility but a thought crossed my mind." He said suddenly turning to the other as his gaze stayed on Orla for a long moment.

"It might also be that Alder was not trying to gain the power for himself but for someone else?" Lord Xander's words knocked the air out of Madonna and Orla as they right on caught what he meant by his suggestion.

Goodness, that was a faraway possibility but it was rather a great theory to think upon.

To be truthful, Lucius did get this thought previously but brushed it off as he knew Alder trusted no one other than himself. He could not be possible giving everything to some other person while he sit in a calm manner.

That was not possible.

"How would it be fruitful to him and who would he give it to if what you are thinking is right?" Lucius inquired as he got intrigued by what Lord Xander might be thinking.

"Lady Orla." Lord Xander announced as he fixed his eyes on the older looking witch. He has his doubts on his theory however he wanted to see how Alder might be thinking at the moment.