Chapter 22

It was not a tricky task to disperse the petite Elf, Keya's powers. Lucius was a strong man with both abilities and rank; with the little help of Madonna's distraction tactics, he was done with the task in not more than an hour.

The Elf woman seemed to be alright for a few moments although, only after a little while, her body turned to shiver and wither violently. Lucius did not like how an Elf is withering just by diffusing her powers but he did not expect the woman to turn ashes soon.

Keya gave one loud scream before telling them 'He shall ascend the throne and shall put everyone in their right place.', and soon turned to ashes.

But what got Lucius stunned was Keya's ash was black like that of a charcoal and there were hints of nails in the ash.

Dark Magic!

He could tell that the woman was feeding certainly on very much fatal evil magic. Her powers were her strength and her life source not to overlook the fact that she was controlled by some person.

Lucius spewed profanities as he noticed a small smirk on his wife's face. He was played yet again.

She played him to end the Elf woman. Damnation!

"Good Lord above! You played me?" His question was more of a evidence to himself as he noticed the small smirk on her face widened into a wide smile. "Why?"

"Why, My Lord! I'm powerless as of this moment. Aren't you the one who suggested you would do the deed for me?" Madonna, the young minx, smiled widely at him as she turned to proceed further with the journey as Lucius followed suit.

Lucius was not a man to grumble at anything. He was a man, a Lord and a very commanding one at that. He had never pouted or grumbled in thirty-ish years of life. In fact, he was raised to be an emotionless and a cruel soldier and a leader.

On contrary to his upbringing and his personality, Madonna has made him feel many things for the first time. He still do not know why he was feeling painfully attracted to her. It has been from the very first time he met her and it never happened to him in his many years of life.

Lucius is a kind of person who only learnt to order but with his young witch, he find every moment challenging and sometimes amusing. He who knows the consequences and he who knows the future of his actions was now thrown into circumstances with Madonna where he has no idea of what happens the next moment.

But did he hate it though? Surprisingly, No!

For once, he liked not being aware of what was to come ahead and the challenge made him much more alive than ever.

By now, he did came to an understanding that whatever Madonna had done was just an act to make him end Keya's life. Her argument of getting her powers back or her bickering about being it her task to do it or when she grumbled about not wanting to put her responsibilities on his shoulders; everything was simply an act to make him do the action.

He may not tell her but he loved her exploiting tactics.

Damnation, she was so good at putting an act.

That night, Lucius and Madonna had taken shelter in a Traven in a small town nearby. They were exhausted and Lucius was rather more exhausted by constantly looking at the triumph smile on his young witch's face.

They were sharing a chamber like how any wedded wife and a man shall but difference was the newly wedded couple were still stuck on attraction they have for each other.

Suddenly a though came to Lucius as he saw Madonna walk out in her night gown as she glowed in the candle light like a goddess.

If beauty was a person, then Lucius shall gamble his whole inheritance that it would be Madonna.