Chapter 20

Madonna grumbled as she walked beside Lucius. From a peripheral glance, she could see a smile of satisfaction on his lips which irked her more.

How she wish to wipe the smile from his face!

"You haven't informed me of the purpose of weakening Keya." Lucius asked as he matched her pace beside her.

They entered the tunnel cave which was dark and long. Madonna flicked her fingers to lighten the fire logs along the pathway.

It is behind the tunnel is where the tribe of elves reside and it was very important to Madonna to strip Keya of her powers. Killing her was not her work although she does know that not long after her powers are gone, she shall be killed.

"I want her weak and that is good enough purpose." Madonna answered sternly but she was chuckling to herself inside.

Oh how she liked the spat of words with Lucius.

Giving Lucius vague and silly responses was what she seems to be loving recently. The way he gets bothered by her retort was just so enjoyable to her.

She must be an insane Witch to be feeling that way but she just began to feel all fuzzy at the thought of aggravating the Lord.

Lucius, on the other side, frowned at her response but did not say back anything. He knew too well how the young Witch is. He has enough idea of how happy she was to be in a word spar with him.

Damnation!

They still have good distance to walk before they reach the borders of the Elves tribe so to keep up from the absolute boredom and with the excitement to receive some harsh retorts from his wife, Lucius started his interrogation for the day.

"I always had a doubt over an issue." He started and saw the twitch on her lips as he continued. "Do you hold a grudge against Lady Ella Knight?"

Madonna was surprised at the mention of the new wife of Lord Xander Knight, but answered him nonetheless.

"Nah, as it happens, I admired her inner strength. She was put through many trials throughout her life and she endured it." Madonna answered truthfully as she looked at him.

"My mother was the one who gave the catalogue of rituals to be performed to Knox and years later it so happened to be Ella Rosemary not to forget you are the sacred Witch for the whole region who assisted them into such gruesome acts. Is it a coincidence?" Lucius could not help but spur out what he felt about the issue.

He still has his doubts regarding Madonna's affiliation with his mother. He was not so certain in the beginning but he slowly came to understand that both the women have each other's back.

On contrary to his realization, he still hasn't seen Madonna going to meet his mother or never had he informed of Orla meeting Madonna in her lair.

He had not sensed magic on Madonna or in her establishment to prove him that they perhaps associate with each other through magic.

"I'm a selfish person, My Lord. I'm surprised you are asking for clarification." Lucius smiled when he heard her.

"You are indeed a selfish, infuriating and a conniving Witch, my dear. But that wasn't the answer I am looking for. For one, I did come to know that you cannot involve an innocent in your selfish motives." Madonna glared at her husband playfully and was about to retort him but was stopped when she lost her steadiness.

She did not see the large rock under her feet, as she lost her poise. Her leg twisted and a squeak came out from her mouth as she was halfway through the fall.