Epilogue

There was no reason for Madonna to be angry at Lucius, no reason for keeping him away from her if not...

If not for the wrong he had done to her.

Why would he do that to her? After knowing well of the consequences!

"Sister, you cannot put the whole mountain of blame on him. You are equally blamable. " Fina reminded Madonna for the twentieth time in the past four days.

One glare from Madonna and the very amused Fina went back from being cheerful to feigning a frown for the sake of her sister.

Oh how Fina wished her sister to be a little cleverer! Nonetheless, she was enjoying it quite frankly.

Fina saw her brother in law in a state of meditation in the middle of a cultivation circle along with protective shields created by Madonna around him.

The infamous Lord Lucius was sent to meditating and sealed by his wife was just such a amusing and a laughable sight for Fina. Looking back two years ago, she had no confidence that they would be able to defeat Alder on the Dark moon night.

It was still a beautiful nightmare to her. She still, to the date, felt proud of herself for acting on the spur of her doubt and not giving her blood for the ritual. Even though she wanted to know what Alder wanted to do, she was happy to follow her doubts and replace her blood with starch.

"Why do you always take a stand for him?" Madonna huffed in annoyance as she made certain the protective shields are in place. "I don't get why he must put his life in danger for –"

"For the love he has for you?" Fina completed angering Madonna.

"Dear sister, I was much proud of your wits but seeing you like this, I'm disappointed." Fina teased having fun moment of her life.

Although Fina regretted a little for killing Alder only a yearlong torture, looking back, she felt good that Madonna wanted it to end early and wanted them to move on in life. It proved right as after Alder was no more living in any form, both the sisters felt a great sense of relief and peace.

They found themselves calm after a very long time. Fina and Madonna who hadn't talked to each other in a peaceful manner about their lives before, had spent days to chat and know more about each other.

Fina felt the affection Madonna has for her for going as far as to keep her in forbidden lands to keep her safe. Fina could not blame her sister whatsoever after how much of misery she had to go through from young hood.

Knowing the misery and suffering their parents had gone through from young age of her life has burdened her yet she chose to keep Fina in the dark so she could make certain Fina live in peace although alone.

It warmed Fina immensely at the efforts Orla and Madonna took to make her happy. Fina knew even if she spent all her life thanking them, it would not be enough for what they had done.

On the contrary, Lucius was like a quarreling and teasing brother to Fina. He was protective of her, yet he was utterly teasing towards her which most of the time infuriated her.

Fina had to spend a lot of time in making plans of how to get back at him for playing tomfoolery on her. Nonetheless, Fina was very much happy to have a family after long years of misery.

"Sister, brother in law would have been already found in the state of corpse if he was to be dead after finally tricking you to spend night with him. You do not have to protect him from impending death looking his death seemed to be far away." Fina tried to suggest that Lucius shall not die for fulfilling his husband duties.