Chapter 11

The sun was at the rim of the mountains before moon shined in the dark of the times. The hogan was previously positioned by Lucius' butler, Devon, for their fleeting stay was their shelter for the first night.

It was small cabin which was enough to spend one night in the cold wooded area. Devon had outdone himself by preparing candles and pleasant smelling herbs to scent the hut. It could arouse any hot blood person but looking at his nonchalant wife, he gritted his teeth gulping down the sudden rise of desire.

Lucius was warned of the long journey they had to go through to find Orla and his now dear wife had quite adorably mentioned how tiring it shall be. Lucius had set on the quest with his dear young Witch wife Madonna early that morning and he was exhausted very well, not due to the trip but due to the companion he brought with himself.

Madonna was giving him a chilling shoulder to him. She hadn't talked for once in all the hours of them riding a horse alone; heck, he did not even heard a sound from her.

She was being less voluble from the moment he revealed about his act of sealing her magic but the woman was getting on nerves from the moment they set out on a hunt.

He had heard many things about Madonna and one of the prominent one was the fatal charms she used to seduce men. She was well known for her tricks to get men although he was uncertain about the gossips seeing the way she was acting right then.

She did tried to charm him to get the details from him the first time he met her but that was all because she was tricking him to get what she desired. Later on, she had never tried to do the same ever again.

He liked her more when she was being conniving and selfish. The silence was playing tricks with his mind as it was disturbing him like it should not have.

Will she ever speak, Damnation!

"We could have performed a rite and appeared to the place where Orla is in a night and yet you chose to take an exhausting trip of fortnight." Lucius mocked quietly expecting at least a response of mocking sound in return.

Lucius opened his trunk and pulled out his night suit as he buttoned down his traveling suit. He eyed the Hogan house Devon has built for their stay and smiled with an appreciated nod.

Once he took off his shirt and has no clothing on his upper body, he turned towards the infuriating woman who was standing beside a window and was looking at the moon chanting something with closed eyes.

If it wasn't for the very slight sound of whisper that the wind carried to him, he almost thought he had gone deaf.

He gripped his clothes in a tight fist and closed his eyes to control his arising annoyance that his dear wife was giving him. He still could not tell what was so wrong with her to be having behaved with him in such a way.

He was a Lord and a Royal to a whole realm, he was a warlock with greatness, he was a man with immense strength and a man of magnificence; yet the young Witch was disregarding his command quite indifferently.

He sighed realizing he shall not be getting anything from her. Her magic was sealed and almost gone still she has the energy to chant spells to enhance something.

Lucius did not know which was more annoying, his twaddle talking wife or his noiseless wife.

Madonna, on the other hand, scowled at his attempt to talk however smirked when she had completed chanting spells. She smirked cause she was not silent for the reason that she was not fascinated in having a conversation with him, Nah, instead she was planning to make a slip out of him so he could do her bidding.