Chapter 03: Reactions and A Peek to Jungkook's Life

Edited
----

Chapter 03: Reactions and A Peek to Jungkook's Life

Instead of a confused face, a smile was plastered on Taehyung's face.

"O MY GOSH HYUNG, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!" Taehyung asked, beaming excitedly.

"H-huh?" This time, Jungkook was the one confused.

Shin-Hye noticed and internally smirked since this was a sign that she was right.

"Hyung! She's so pretty!" Taehyung said as he admired Hyekyung's beauty.

"O-oh. Thank you." A blush crept into Hyekyung's cheeks.

"How'd you meet each other? Is my hyungie causing you any trouble? Why are you so beautiful? You're so perfect, I'm jealous! When did the two of you start a relationship?..."

Taehyung's questions were soon unheard by the black-haired
who doesn't seem happy with the reaction he got from the mint green-haired boy.

"She might be beautiful but you'll always be gorgeous, Tae baby." Jungkook internally tsk-ed.

Hyekyung answered Taehyung's questions herself. The other two, which happened to be Jungkook and Seo-Joon, soon joined. Jungkook's subtle attempt to flirt with the youngest by calling him a baby and other pet names went unnoticed or just simply ignored.

"Why does everything around him look so fake? The smile, the words coming out of his mouth, the reactions, facial expressions, and even the whole thing with Hyekyung! But why would he present Hyekyung to us as his girlfriend if their love for each was fake? And Hyekyung seems so real that it's so hard to think that she's faking all of it!" Shin-Hye was busy observing Jungkook's and Hyekyung's behavior and she didn't
notice the hand placed above her's.

She slightly flinched and looked at Taehyung who seemed worried.

"Is anything wrong, eomma?" Taehyung asked, worriedly.

"Oh. Nothing, I'm just happy for your brother." She gave him a reassuring smile and looked at Jungkook who smiled back at her.

"If you're going to observe my actions, can't you do it subtly" Jungkook thought, again, internally smirked.

"My son is really good at choosing his partner. He inherited that from me." Seo-Joon lightly laughed at his own joke, trying to ease the tension that unconsciously started filling the air.

Hyekyung put her hand above Jungkook's thigh and gave Seo-Joon a proud yet humble smile.

"Of course, appa! I learned from the best." Jungkook was the one who averted his gaze, not because he felt small by the stare Shin-Hye was giving him, but
because he knew best.

The chit-chats continued and soon, the breakfast was over. Taehyung was the one who washed the dishes used while the couple were flirting in the living
room.

"I think we should leave now, appa. Hyekyung's parents need her. I won't be sleeping
here later. I'm going to stay with my friends." Jungkook said as Hyekyung stood beside him.

"Thank you so much for welcoming me to your family, Mr. and Mrs. Park." Hyekyung bowed in front of the wedded couple who gave their genuine smiles.

"You're welcome, Hyekyung. You will always be. I hope that your relationship lasts. She's someone to keep, Jungkook." Seo-Joon said while looking at Jungkook who just smiled.

"Yeah. Keep her. I hope the next time you bring her here, she's already your fiancé." Shin-Hye smiled at Hyekyung who was just as red as a tomato.

"Go and say your goodbyes to Taehyung. Be safe."