Chapter 17: Question and Motive

Shin-hye was in the interrogation area. She was sitting on the chair with the police in front of her. She keeps fidgeting her fingers on the table, nervous about what the question will ask her.

"Mrs. Park, you're the CEO of that company. Do you know the victim?"

"I-I don't know her." She lied looking away from the detective.

"Mrs. Park, it's better if you cooperate with us. Please, tell us the truth."

"She's my spy." Shin-hye admitted.

"Spy to what?"

"To spy on my stepson, Jungkook." Shin-hye uttered.

"What for?"

"To separate him and my real son." Shin-hye uttered nervously.

"What do you mean by that, Mrs. Park?"

"Muh-my stepson, he likes my real son, Taehyung. No, he's obsessed with him and I'm afraid of what he can do to him." She said biting her bottom lips.

"How did you say he is obsessed?"

"We brought Jungkook to the mental hospital back then and we separated him to Taehyung because he doesn't want him to befriend someone. And when he came back, he got worst. He wants to get my son and even marry him, but detective, that's wrong, they are brothers, they can't be together. That's incest." Shin-hye stated.

"As far as I can see, it seems like your son is part of this case. He's the target of the victim and there's a chance that he caught her and he gave her corpse to you as a threat."

"That's what I think too, detective, please investigate my stepson as well, I'm sure he's the suspect for this." Shin-hye pleaded.

"We will do that, we will investigate him. Thank you for your cooperation, Mrs. Park. You can leave now."

Shin-hye stood up and bowed her head then left. She smirked wiping off her tears.

+++

Jungkook was doing his class plan for the student PE class. He was kind of stressed with the lesson.

"Mr. Jeon."

Suddenly, he was interrupted by someone. He turned his face to that voice and saw a man in his 20s.

"Yes, what do you need?" He responded inquiring.

"Your brother, he's outside and crying."

Jungkook stood up going outside of the faculty to see his dongsaeng. He saw Taehyung was sitting on the ground, his back was leaning on the wall and hugging his knees while crying. The students passing by were looking at him confusedly.

"Taehyung, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked kneeling in front of Taehyung.

The mint-haired boy looked at him with teary eyes and hugged him.

"What happened?" He asked worriedly caressing the younger's back.

"L-let's leave here, hyung. I-I'm scared." Taehyung sobbed on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Why are you like this? Tell me what's wrong?!" Jungkook asked grabbing Taehyung's face for ing him to look at him.

"I-I don't want to, I-I'm suh-scared." The mint-haired boy cried harder and clutched Jungkook's shirt.

"I'm here, no one will hurt you. Speak up, now, Taehyung." Jungkook assured the younger boy.

But the mint-haired boy shooked his head, insisting to say something which angered the older.

"Do you want me to send you back to the mansion, huh?! If you're just going to cry, you shouldn't come here to embarrass me." Jungkook groans.

He stood up but Taehyung held his left leg.

"Puh-professor C-c-choi" The younger boy stuttered trying to say something.

"What he did to you?" Jungkook inquired.

His hands were balled in a fist to control his anger.

"H-he t-threaten m-me, h-he said i-if I-I didn't have s-sex with him, h-he will k-kill me. A-and s-spread the fake video about me. H-he said tuh-that I'm gay a-and disgusting." Taehyung said crying, shaking nervously.

Jungkook carried the crying boy and hid his face in the crook of his neck.

"It's okay, we're leaving. Stop crying, I'm here now."

He calms down the beautiful boy in his arms. He walked away from the University and opened the door of his car. He put Taehyung inside the car and closed the door. Before he go inside too, he messaged someone and started the car's engine.

"Why did he threaten you?" Jungkook asked while driving.

"2 days when you left me and didn't show to the University. H-he harassed me in the restroom when he found out that I'm gay. H-he said bad words to me and forced me t-to sex with him buh-but a student came and he left me." Taehyung explained biting his bottom lip and digging his nail into his palm.

"Then why you didn't report it?!" Jungkook growled.

"H-he had knife, hyung. H-he threatened me and texted me tuh-that's why I want to stay with you." Taehyung cried.

"What the fuck is the use of your boyfriend?!" Jungkook grumbled clenching his hands on the steering wheel.

"H-he didn't do anything, hyung. H-he was afraid that he will get expelled." The younger admitted, wiping his tears with the back of his hand.

"Fuck this!" Jungkook smacked the steering wheel and luckily, it was a red light.

He tugged his hair and veins were popping out on his face and hands which frightened the mint-haired boy.

"I-I'm sorry, hyung, I-I'm so sorry." Taehyung cried.

"Don't fucking apologize! It's not your fault!" Jungkook growled.

The mint-haired boy flinched and shut his mouth.

They arrived at the house, Jungkook came out first and opened the door car since the younger fell asleep due to excessive crying during the whole ride. He carried the Taehyung and get inside the house.

"Heyyo, Jung....."

Hoseok was ignored by the long curly-haired boy who went upstairs to go to the room.

"What happened to him?" The mullet-haired, Jin asked confusedly.

"I don't know" Hoseok mumbled.

Jungkook settled the boy on the bed, he opened the cabinet that has a gun inside. He took it out and went downstairs.

"Hey, where are you going? Why did you bring that gun with you?" Jimin asked holding a beer?

Jungkook just passed him by, Jin told them to follow him because they were sure he will do something.