Chapter 18: Search and Confusion

The long curly-haired boy was wearing a motor helmet while leaning on his black motor, waiting for his target to come out of the University.

Meanwhile, his friends were in the van, watching his moves. Finally, Professor Choi Joseph came out of the University. He pointed his gun and pulled the trigger, shooting Professor Choi's head and it was a headshot.

The people surrounding him immediately ran away and find somewhere to hide. The black van stopped in front of Jungkook's motor to hide it from the CCTV.

Jungkook got away from the scene with the black van following him.

+++

The mint-haired boy woke up with his eyes hurting a bit. His eyes were kinda blurry because of his puffy eyes. It was already 10:00 pm and he doesn't know that he fell asleep that much.

He stood up going downstairs to look for his hyung. Suddenly, he heard the news on the TV in the living room.

"A professor was found dead in front of the University where he was teaching, he was shot without leaving any evidence. He is Professor Choi Joseph, 42 years old.

He has a criminal record for raping and harassing two high school students in two different schools. It was the main motive for the police investigation."

Taehyung was surprised to watch the news. He can't believe that the professor who harassed him was now dead. It might be weird but he felt glad after hearing the news.

Yet, he can't help but wonder who killed the professor. He flinched when he heard the door was opened. He saw his hyung, Jungkook coming inside.

"Hyung" He uttered and hugged him.

"Why are you awake?" The older asked.

"It's because I can't feel your presence, hyung." He pouted.

"Go back to the bed, I will sleep with you later," Jungkook uttered pecking the top of Taehyung's head.

"But..."

That was interrupted by a knock on the door. Jungkook went to the door and opened it, he was surprised by the detective.

"Are you Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes, that's me. How can I help you?" Jungkook replied inquiring.

"I'm detective Wong Shi-yeon from Seoul District Jail. We have a search warrant for you, you are the main suspect for killing Marilyn Do."

The detective showed the search warrant to him and accepted it.

"Sure, you can search this house. But if you find nothing, you better leave." Jungkook retorted moving aside.

The detective and polices got inside to do searching around the house. Taehyung being curious, followed the police who were going to the room beside his hyung's room he badly want to know. When the police held the doorknob, his heart was beating so fast excited to know what was inside that room.

He bit his bottom lip, peeking his head a little when the door of the room was swung a bit. He narrowed his eyes to properly see the room but he pouted seeing nothing.

Well, he expected something thrilling in that room, but like what Jin said, it's just a gaming room. A PS5, controller, gaming chair, and computer. He should have listened to his hyung, he knows Jungkook wouldn't lie to him. Right?

He just went down again, listening to whatever they were talking about.

"Are you Kim Taehyung?" The detective asked the mint-haired boy standing not far from them.

"Ahm..."

"You don't need to know, you just need to search my house." Jungkook interrupted him poking his tongue in his inner cheeks and going between them.

"Well, his mother Park Shin-hye admitted that she paid Marilyn to be a spy and wants the two of you to be separated but why are you two living together? Aren't you obsessed with him?" Shi-yeon asked confusedly.

"Eomma?" Taehyung inquired.

"Yes, she told us that your brother Jungkook can be the suspect in her death." Shi-yeon responded.

"Sir, there's something wrong with that. Hyung isn't like that, he can't kill someone and he isn't obsessed with me." Taehyung defended Jungkook.

"She's the one who hints us about your brother, are you sure he didn't threaten you to say something like that?" Shi-yeon looked at them curiously.

"No, hyung is the one who protected me. And eomma knows were together. I don't know why she's blaming hyung for that. But hyung isn't like what she said." Taehyung tried to convince the detective.

"Well, as of now, we will investigate about this but your brother was still the main suspect for it." Shi-yeon said.

"Detective, everything is clear here!"

"Thank you for your cooperation." Shi-yeon bowed his head.

He tell his colleagues to leave the house and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Hyung, why would eomma suspect you for a serious crime like that?" The mint-haired boy asked Jungkook.

"I don't know, I am surprised as well." The long curly-haired boy shrugged off his shoulders and went to the kitchen to get a beer.

"Is she okay? She's not crazy, right?" Taehyung asked worriedly.

"I don't know, we don't know her that much. We don't even know what's running in her brain." Jungkook snickered while his back was facing the mint-haired boy.

"But what she doing isn't normal, hyung. I'm afraid what else she can do just to separate us." Taehyung sighed biting his bottom lip.

"Don't overthink about her, you'll get stressed." Jungkook turned around patting his head.

"Why would she think you can kill Marilyn? You can't do that, right hyung?" Taehyung asked once again.

"Of course, I don't even know who Marilyn was. I don't know that she's spying on me." Jungkook replied innocently.

"Don't worry, hyung, I will talk to her and clarify everything. I know she will listen to me." Taehyung said holding Jungkook's hand.

"If that's what you want, I let you do that. Thank you, baby." Jungkook smiled and he pecked Taehyung's forehead.

He hugged the younger and saw his hyungs who were smirking at him and raised their beers while comfortably sitting on the couch as if no search operation happened.

About the room that was placed beside Jungkook's room, everything was cleaned when Taehyung attempted to look for it. They made sure that Taehyung won't see anything inside.