Chapter 19: Argue and mother

The mint-haired boy went back to the mansion to talk to his mom. He wants to clarify everything to her.

"Taehyung, finally, you're here." Shin-Hye uttered when she saw Taehyung come inside.

She stood up from the couch and hugged him.

"Why did you do that, eomma?" He suddenly asked making his mother taken aback.

She pulled away and looked at him confusedly.

"What do you mean, Tae?" Shin-hye asked unknowingly.

"Why did you blame hyung for Marilyn's death?" Taehyung inquired seriously.

Shin-hye looked away for a while and gulped harshly.

"Your hyung was the only one who had the motive to do it." She retorted.

"What are you saying, eomma? Hyung doesn't know her, there's no way hyung can do that. How about you? How did you know her?" Taehyung replied inquiring.

"Why are we even talking about that? Can't we talk about you instead?" Shin-hye grumbled rolling her eyes.

"Is that true? You paid Marilyn to spy hyung. Is that how desperate you are to separate us?!" Taehyung growled.

"What are you saying? Did that bastard brainwash you?!" Shin-hye retorted grumbling.

"I asked you, eomma! You should answer me!" Taehyung yelled clenching his jaw.

"Don't you dare to raise your voice on me! I'm your mother!" Shin-hye groaned annoyingly.

"You're my mother but I can't trust you! How could you do that to hyung? You know he's the only person who was protecting me! Why are you doing this?!" Taehyung yelled with tears falling down his eyes.

"Don't be so too innocent! He's obsessed with you! Do you think he was protecting you? No, he's possessive over you. You are his obsession!" She screamed on top of her lung.

"Stop overthinking! I don't even know who you are now. I-I wish you didn't change, y-you're crazy, eomma!" Taehyung cried and received a slap on his left cheek.

He was surprised when he felt a stinging pain on his cheek.

"How could you talk to me like that? I raised you, why can't you appreciate it? I'm doing everything just to protect you." Shin-hye growled.

"You're ruining I and hyung's relationship. Is it really necessary to suspect him of murder?" Taehyung responded.

"That freaking relationship between you two isn't healthy. You won't understand me once you know your hyung very well." She retorted gritting her teeth.

"Your mind isn't healthy, eomma. Who's a mother who will blame her son for someone's death? Do you think it's normal? Are you even okay, eomma?" Taehyung yelled inquiring.

"Then, you should choose where you will stay, to your hyung or in this house? If you choose to stay here, I will let this pass and forget everything that just happen." Shin-hye sternly said glaring at him.

The mint-haired boy looked at him with his serious face and gritted his teeth.

"I'll choose hyung. Don't ever look for me, eomma. I won't come back here until you realized your fault." He said confidently and turned around to walk away.

"Sure, go and do that, let's see if you won't regret your decision. You will realize what I'm doing is only for your own sake. I hope you find out his true color." Shin-hye uttered and went upstairs.

+++

"Are you sure about that? I mean, you let your brother go back." Yoongi said handing him the beer and sitting down beside him.

"Of course, I know what will happen." Jungkook smirked drinking the beer.

"What if he didn't come back?" Yoongi inquired looking at him.

"I know Taehyung, he will choose me no matter what." The long curly-haired boy grinned.

"You're so sure, what if they argue?" Yoongi inquired and puff the Juul between his lips.

"That would be better, it would be easy for me to manipulate Taehyung and to proceed with my plans to rid of that woman. I want Taehyung to realize that he only needs me, only me." Jungkook stated and licked his lips.

"Hyung"

Jungkook flinched hearing his donsaeng's voice. He looked at the door seeing the beautiful boy was looking at him with teary and puffy eyes because it was cold outside.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" Jungkook asked standing up from his seat.

The mint-haired boy ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"Muh-mom and I fought." Taehyung cried on his shoulder.

Jungkook was relieved because the younger didn't hear what he just said earlier.

"It's okay, I'm here, you shouldn't mind her." He said caressing Taehyung's back.

"I-I can't believe she slapped me and made me choose between you and her. What happened to her? She wasn't like this before." Taehyung sobbed clutching Jungkook's shirt.

"I'll try to talk to her if you want." Jungkook uttered.

The younger looked at him with teary innocent doe eyes.

"Wuh-what if she gets mad at you too?" Taehyung asked biting his bottom lip.

"What are you saying? She's mad at me already, besides, I will just do it for you. I know you don't want to hate her for that long. Hyung will fix it for you." Jungkook smiled cupping the younger's bread cheeks.

"Tuh-thank you, hyung." Taehyung smiled and snuggled his face into the crook of Jungkook's neck.

Jungkook snickered, caressing Taehyung's back. He pecked the top of the younger's head.

+++

"It seems like everything was working as you planned." The orange-haired Jimin said going inside Jungkook's room.

He saw the long curly-haired boy sitting on the bed, caressing Taehyung's hair who was sleeping peacefully.

"As it should be, my plans shouldn't be ruined just because of that woman." Jungkook uttered.

"What if he finds out?" Jimin asked leaning on the wall.

"He won't, I'm preparing anything I need to make sure he won't find out." Jungkook replied confidently.

"Anyways, let's go downstairs. Let him sleep in peace." Jimin sighed and went outside.

Jungkook followed him after covering Taehyung with the blanket.

When the door was closed, Taehyung's eyes were opened.