Chapter 31: Hidden camera and suspicion

Taehyung was sitting in the waiting area. The doctor was mending his father. He was nervous, he hope nothing worst will happen.

"Taehyung, what happened?"

He heard his hyung's voice, he turned his head to look at him.

"S-someone onslaught Appa. The police are investigating now." Taehyung responded crying.

"How's Appa?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know, I-I hope he recovers. H-he will be fine, right? Hyung?" He sobbed.

Jungkook hugged him tightly and caressed his back.

"It's okay, he will be fine like what you said." The older whispered to his ear.

"Wuh-why this happened, hyung? W-who can do this to him? H-he didn't do anything wrong." Taehyung sobbed on his shoulder and clutched his shirt.

"Don't cry, you've been crying these days." Jungkook comforted.

"I-I hope he didn't die, I-I'm going crazy if something happened to him. I-I can't lose one of my family, I-I don't want it to happen, hyung." The younger cried not knowing what to do if something happened to his father.

His mother dies, and he shouldn't let his dad as well.

"Kim Taehyung"

Taehyung pulled away from the hug and looked at the detectives with his puffy red eyes.

"Y-yes, sir?" He asked wiping out his tears, sniffling.

"We apologized for what happened but can we talk to you?" The detective asked for his permission.

"Don't you see he's not okay yet?" Jungkook inquired mockingly.

"It's important, we just need some information on him that might help us to solve this case."

"What you can't understand? He's not---

"I-it's okay, hyung, I can do it." The younger interrupted his hyung and gave him an assuring smile.

Jungkook sighed and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Can you go with us?" The detective asked once again.

"Yes." Taehyung replied biting his bottom lip.

He was fidgeting his fingers, kind of nervous about what will they ask him.

"Please, follow us." The detective said.

Taehyung hums and followed them. They went to the chapel so that no one can hear their conversation.

"We would like to say that we didn't see any evidence."

"What? Are you sure about that, sir? We had a lot of CCTV, did you check them all?" Taehyung inquired surprised and confused.

"Yes, during the incident, the CCTV wasn't working and none of them record it."

"That's impossible, detective." Taehyung muttered.

"But we found hidden cameras in your room and did you perhaps put a camera in your bathroom? And it's kinda confusing us because the hidden cameras were only hidden in your room and none of them connected to the CCTV monitoring area."

"Wuh-what are you talking about, detective? There's no camera in my bathroom."

Taehyung suddenly felt scared hearing that.

"I guess, someone might be watching you. Do you have someone in your mind that can do this?"

Jungkook. The person came into his mind. But, he can't blame him yet if he wasn't sure.

"No one" He replied biting his bottom lip.

"Well, we will try to investigate this as well. As of now, we will look for a person who does this to your father. We take a leave now." The detective said.

Taehyung bowed his head and watched them leave. He took the pen recorder in his pocket and was thinking if he could confront his hyung.

But he can't believe what he just heard. Hidden camera, how long does it been hidden in his room? And mostly, to his bathroom.

He can't help but felt frightened and disgusted thinking about someone watching him naked.

He doesn't know what he can do if it's hyung who did that to him.

+++

"What did they ask you?"

His hyung asked when he got inside his father's recovery room. It's a VIP room to make sure no reporters will simply barge inside.

He sat down on the chair beside Seo-joon's bed while Jungkook was sitting on the couch.

"Nothing, they just ask me what I'm doing in the mansion, something like that." He replied staring at his father's situation.

"You shouldn't have forced yourself to speak or answer them. You can take your time." Jungkook uttered.

"But, I don't think I can take the time to wait and do nothing. I'm eager to know who did this to Appa, I'll make sure that person will pay for this." He said and turned his head to Jungkook.

He glared at him while clenching his fist. If he could just do something for his father right now that is to punch Jungkook.

But for now, he can't just do something with his speculation. He will know the truth even though it's against his hyung. 

"What if you didn't find that person? What are you going to do?" Jungkook asked looking at him.

"There's no way that's gonna happen, I will take my revenge no matter what happens." Taehyung confidently said, gritting his teeth.

"If that's what you want." Jungkook sighed and crossed his arms.

"Hyung" Taehyung muttered.

The older hums in response and looked at him.

"Why you don't have any reaction? Your father was dying but it seems you didn't feel anything." Taehyung suddenly asked.

Jungkook was taken aback by his question, he didn't expect to hear that.

"Do I have to cry? It won't do anything to save him. It won't solve this case if I cry." He reasoned out.

He has a point but Taehyung still does not believe that. This isn't his first time seeing his hyung not crying even at their mother's funeral, he's still the same.

He's the same, he didn't shed any tears, he's just cool as if nothing happened. No wonder why he is suspecting Jungkook.

"Why did you ask?" Jungkook asked.

"Nothing, hyung, I just realized you're strong. I hope I am like you." Taehyung responded smiling fakely.

He doesn't want to hear any lies from his hyung. He was so annoyed with them. He won't believe him anymore.