Chapter 41: CEO and visit

The mint-haired boy graduated with high honors. He finally got his diploma and today his father made a congratulation party for him. But his hyung was reckoned as "GUILTY" to his crime.

So Taehyung's emotion was half and half. He was happy and sad at the same time. He was just sitting on the bed while his classmates were having fun downstairs.

He already missed his hyung but he was still mad at him. He heard a wheelchair coming to his room.  He gave his phone to his son which Taehyung got.

"I want you to become the heir in my company but if you don't want to, It's fine for me. I will let you do what you want."

"Are you sure about this, Appa? But I'm not good at handling a company like yours." Taehyung inquired having a second thought.

Seo-joon type on the phone and showed it to Taehyung.

"You are smart, I know you can learn easily but I'll give you time to think about it. Don't worry, if you don't want to be the heir, I won't get mad."

"Thank you, Appa, I will surely think about it." He smiled in response.

Seo-joon smiled and ruffled his hair.

+++

One month has passed

Taehyung was now the new CEO of his father's company. He won't be lying, he was nervous to be in that position. Besides, he believe his hyung was the most deserving to be the heir if he was not a criminal.

Why? Because Jungkook graduated in business management and he was experienced in handling the business.

Today, he wasn't a mint-haired boy, he changed his hair to black to look more representative and respected person. He was wearing a gray suit with white sleeves underneath it.

He got inside the meeting room and sat down on the middle chair.

"Good afternoon" He greeted.

The employees and person with high positions bowed their heads and took their seats.

"I'm Kim Taehyung and today I will be the new CEO. From now on, everything will directly go to me. Does anyone have complaints?" Taehyung started.

One of the board members raises his hand.

"I would like to ask what's your relationship with CEO Park?"

"I'm his stepson" Taehyung confidently replied.

"What? Just his stepson? You don't deserve to be in that position."

"Besides, do you have any experience managing a company like this?"

"I don't have but I have someone that can help me to learn." Taehyung retorted.

"There's no way we would let you rule over us if you don't have any experience. And we will prefer president Chang to be the CEO instead of you."

"He's right, the president knew better than you."

"We can't let an inexperienced person be the CEO because this company isn't just a joke and you must know how huge our project was."

"You look not that smart to learn easily the basics."

They chuckled mocking the new CEO.

"No wonder why my father told me that he won't let anyone he doesn't trust be in this position because of everyone's behavior. Don't worry, I'll show you what I'm capable of." He grinned and stood up.

He arrange his blazer and cleared his throat.

"Everyone, the meeting is over, go back to your own work. Have a nice day." He ended the meeting and left the room.

He left those people inside who were rolling their eyes and whispering.

"That bastard boy, does he really think we will follow his orders?"

"He's just a kid, I don't want him to be the CEO."

"Let's show him he's not worth it to be in that position."

"Give him hard work and let's just watch how much he will struggle." President Chang snickered while playing with his pen.

+++

Taehyung sighed in frustration, he can't believe they literally mock him. He was now inside the car in the passenger seat.

"Where are we going, sir?" His driver asked while starting the car's engine.

"Seoul District Jail"

He responded, that for some reason, he wanted to see his hyung for the first time again.

"Okay, sir."

The driver started to drive away with Taehyung sighing and looking through the window car.

+++

They safely arrived at the Jail, the driver opened the door car for his boss, Taehyung. Taehyung mouthed "Thank you" and left the car.

"Just wait for me here." He said getting a basket of fruit and a lunchbox for his hyung.

"Okay, sir."

The driver replied, bowing his head to show respect. Taehyung got inside to visit his hyung.

+++

"Detainee 10276, you have a visitor!"

The guards yelled hitting the jail cell with his metal bat.

"Eyy, Jeon Jungkook, the guard was calling for you!" One of the detainees called Jungkook was on the bunk bed.

The long curly-haired boy stood up from the bunk bed and got out of the cell.

"Come on, follow me." The guards said and he just hums in response.

+++

Taehyung kind of felt uncomfortable with those stares from the people and the prisoner surrounding him.

"What are you doing here?"

A familiar voice suddenly speaks behind him. He gulped and stood up to face him.

"I-I'm here to visit you, hyung." He responded rubbing the back of his neck.

"For what reason?" The older asked sitting on the chair in front of him.

Taehyung sat down and opened the lunchbox for him.

"I-I just want to see if you're okay and I want to tell you that I'm a CEO now." Taehyung said fidgeting his fingers.

"I see, so congrats to you, is that what you want to hear?" Jungkook retorted looking at him.

That's not the answer he was expecting but he will ignore it for a while.

"Hyung, do you think I can do well as a CEO?" He asked and looked at him.

"What are you worrying about? You are smart enough to know what you were doing." Jungkook retorted.

"The employees seem to hate me, hyung. They didn't welcome me and even mock me during the meeting. I felt offended." Taehyung sighed sadly.

"Don't mind them, they were just jealous of you." Jungkook stated while eating.

"And now, hyung, I graduated as well. W-would you love me back?" Taehyung asked swallowing his pride.

Jungkook stopped eating the food and looked at him.

"Thank you for visiting me, I'll go now." The older said standing up and taking the basket of fruit.

"I-I'll wait for you, hyung. Even though it took so long, I will wait for you." Taehyung suddenly said.

He left the younger boy in the visitor area without looking at him.