Chapter 33: Results and Information

The mint-haired boy was in the hospital. He was taking care of his father, hoping that he will witness him waking up. He flinched when he heard the door open revealing the detectives.

"Yes, detective, how can I help you?" Taehyung asked standing up from his seat.

"I'm detective Jan, from Seoul District Prison and Mr. Park hired me as his private detective to investigate his wife's death."

The detective introduced himself and extend his hand which Taehyung accepted.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, his stepson." He introduced himself and shook their hands.

"I'm glad to meet you since your father wasn't in the right condition, I'm going to tell you what we found out during the investigation." Detective Jan stated which made Taehyung confused.

"What do you mean, detective? Isn't that just an accident?" Taehyung inquired confusedly.

"That's what the suspect trying to show." Detective replied.

"Suspect?" Taehyung mumbled.

"As of now, we didn't know who the mastermind but we have any information about that person he was with during the accident." Detective Jan said and took the white folder in his coat, handing it to the mint-haired boy.

The confused took it and opened it. His eyes widened seeing the five familiar people in the picture.

"They are Kim Namjoon who seems to be the leader because we found out that he was a genius so I'm sure he was the one who planned everything.

Kim Seokjin he's the one who was controlling the truck and if you can see, there's no driver but still, it crashed into your mother's car because he was the one who know how to control the truck.

Park Jimin he's the watcher, he was watching if police or officer is surrounding the area.

Jung Hoseok he's the one who paid for the truck owner and acts as if they paid for the damages.

And lastly, Min Yoongi the deleter of the CCTV records. Fortunately, we got some pictures but the CCTV records during the accidents were deleted." Detective Jan explained.

Taehyung was shocked, mad, and sad. His emotion was mixing, he can't believe he was staying with the liars. He thought only his hyung can do it but wow, he was so surprised and it was so unbelievable for him.

"And your father also suggests we investigate Jeon Jungkook, he might be the mastermind but we don't know yet what's their relationship." Detective Jan uttered sighing.

"Tuh-they are friends." Taehyung muttered gripping the folder.

"Did you know them? How?" Detective Jan asked.

"Yes, they are my hyung's friends. I-I live in hyung's place and I met them there. They didn't look suspicious for me but I know hyung was desperate to do something like this." Taehyung replied biting his bottom lip.

"Where can we find them?" Detective Jan inquired.

"I don't know, I didn't see them in hyung's house. They used to stay there but they were gone after the incident. Aren't they in jail?" Taehyung stated, inquiring.

"No, we weren't able to find their location or where they live. And now it's clear that they were hiding. Do you have any ideas about where can we find them?" Detective Jan retorted.

"Nothing, I don't know them that much. But it's that possible that they were involved with my Appa?" Taehyung replied asking.

"I'm not the one who's in charge of your father's case but I will try to work with that. But if you have any tips that can help us, please tell us as soon as possible." Detective Jan said.

"Okay" Taehyung smiled faintly.

"Thank you for your cooperation, we'll see you again." Detective Jan uttered.

Taehyung bowed his head to show respect and the detective left. He glanced at his father and suddenly tears were falling in his eyes.

"E-everyhting will be fine, A-Appa. The detective solving it now, don't worry, you'll be fine." He smiled bitterly and held Seo-joon's hand.

+++

"I can't believe detectives were this genius and now we're hiding like a rat." Jin chuckled drunkenly.

"It's not the worst tho, look at Jungkook, his baby boy already found out. Isn't that harsh?" Jimin smirked while playing the PS5.

"How did he even find out?" Namjoon asked sitting on the couch and telling Jimin to look for his jams.

"He got the pen recorder and saw my room." Jungkook replied breaking the bottle of beer with his bare hands.

"Pen recorder? Didn't we get rid of them all? How did he get one?" Namjoon asked confused.

"I don't know! Fuck it!"

The long curly-haired boy threw the beer to the ground.

"His mother was smart, not surprised how Taehyung found out." Yoongi uttered shaking his head.

"So, what's the plan? Are we going to leave with or without Taehyung?" Hoseok asked sitting beside Jimin.

"I won't leave until Taehyung is with me. If you want, you can go there together but I will just follow after I got Taehyung. I won't let my plan ruin like this." Jungkook grumbled and took the can of beer.

"If that's what you say, you know where we will meet so if we have to leave, let's just meet in that place." Namjoon said sighing.

+++

Taehyung went to his hyung's house to check if he was still in that place. But when he got inside, he didn't see anyone inside.

He checked the room beside his hyung and everything was still there. He flinched when he heard the door slammed open.

"Hey, turned around! Who are you?"

He heard an unknown stern voice and he was sure there were many of them. He turned around and saw detectives and polices going inside to check the house.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

The man in his 40s wearing a detective outfit bombarded him with questions.

"I-I'm Kim Taehyung, what's happening?" He replied scared.

"You're Mr. Park Seo-joon son?"

"Yes, but can you tell me what they were doing here?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"We got a warrant of arrest for Jeon Jungkook and his friends."

Suddenly, Taehyung felt nervous and worried about his hyung.