Chapter 27: Accident and Curiosity

Shin-hye was on her way to her business trip. She was driving on the long road. While Namjoon was waiting on the side of the road to wait for her.

"I saw her car, she's riding the red hatchback ford car, she's coming on that way. You can start now." Namjoon said to Jin through the phone.

"Okay" Jin responded.

On Jin's side, he saw the car coming, he pressed a remote for something that connected to the truck.

+++

While Shin-hye was driving, her phone dropped on the surface of her car. She was about to take it but she saw a truck coming in front of her. And what's more shocking was there's no driver in that truck.

She tried to stop her car but she crashes into the truck.

"Job well done" Jimin smiled watching on the other side of the lane.

+++

"Taehyung, why are you in a rush?" Jungkook asked when he saw the mint-haired boy coming downstairs.

"H-hyung, e-eomma, s-she died." Taehyung cried.

"What are you talking about?" He asked as if he doesn't know what happened.

"L-let's go to the hospital, tuh-they said her body is in the morgue." Taehyung cried holding Jungkook's hand.

"Calm down, okay? We're going there if that's what you want. I'll just go get my coat and key." The older said cupping his cheeks.

Taehyung nodded his head and still crying. Jungkook went upstairs to get his coat and key. But before he go downstairs, he contacted his hyungs, congratulating them for doing a good job.

+++

They went to the hospital and the doctor lead them to the morgue.

"It's her, she was hit by a truck. The police said it was an accident." The doctor said pulling down the white blanket.

Tears fell down Taehyung's eyes when he saw her face was ruined.

"Just accident?" Jungkook asked to make sure he won't look suspicious.

"Yes, she also has a fault for the accident, her brake wasn't working that caused an accident."

The detective stated who came inside the morgue.

"A-are you sure, detective? E-eomma always checks her car before she uses it. Are you sure there's no further investigation?" Taehyung asked looking at the detective.

"Yes, the truck owner will pay for the damages." The detective said.

"Bu---"

"Taehyung, don't complain, they are detectives, they know what they were doing. Besides, they will tell us if they find something wrong with this, right?" Jungkook uttered holding Taehyung.

"We will surely do that, we will inform you as soon as possible." The detective replied.

"Let's continue this outside." Jungkook uttered to the detective.

The detective nodded his head and followed the long curly-haired boy outside.

"I guess you got your payment, detective." Jungkook snickered leaning on the wall.

"Yes, I did Mr. Jeon." The detective retorted.

"Make sure you won't give anything to him. I'm sure he will force that it was a murder." Jungkook stated, putting his hands in his pocket.

"Don't worry, Mr. Jeon, the case was closed as an accident, and the evidence for this case was already discarded." The detective grinned.

"Good, that's all I want. Ah, about a man name Seo-joon if he asks about her death, you know what will you say." Jungkook smirked turning around to go back inside.

"I understand, sir." The detective replied bowing his head.

+++

The mint-haired boy was still crying, he can't believe his mother die like that. He knew his mother well even though they fought.

She is a good driver and knows how to prevent accidents like this. He felt something was wrong with the investigation. Like something was missing about it.

He was scanning her dead body until he saw something in his mother's pants. It was the same as the pen recorder she gave to him. He was confused why she have it.

He took it and looked at it, he was sure it was the same as the pen recorder he got and gave to his hyung.

There are a lot of questions in his head and curiosity was killing him.

"What are you trying to tell me, eomma?" He asked himself, mumbling under his breath.

There's no way she will keep something like this if this is nonsense.

He was about to play it but he heard the door was opened. He immediately hid it in his pocket, wiping his tears.

"Taehyung, let's go, I will fix her funeral since Appa wasn't here yet." Jungkook said patting Taehyung's back.

"Okay hyung, let's go now." The younger replied and followed his hyung.

He just ignore the pen recorder for a while and he will think about it later.

They left the morgue with the curious Taehyung about the pen recorder. He wants to know why she looks desperate with the pen recorder.

+++

When they arrived at the house, Taehyung got inside first with Jungkook following behind him.

"Jungkook, let's talk." Jin whispered to him.

"Okay, Taehyung, go to the room. I'll follow after you." Jungkook said following the mullet-haired boy.

They went to the basement going inside their secret room and he was surprised to see a lot of replicas of the familiar pen recorder. Maybe, 25+ of them.

"What's that?" He asked taking one of them and playing the pen recorder.

"These are what we found in your parent's mansion. We don't know how many she hides but I'm sure she might have them somewhere else." Namjoon stated.

"Are they all the same?" Jungkook asked sighing.

"Yes, we played them and all of them have your voice." Jin added playing all of them.

Jungkook curses under his breath.

"We will search the mansion tonight to check if she still has them in the mansion. It's better to rid of them before Taehyung saw another one." Namjoon said.

"Good, get rid of them, I don't wanna see this again." Jungkook ordered.

He left the secret room, breaking the pen recorder with his bare hands.

-----

I published a new story, did you guys check it already?