Chapter 40: News and Admit

Jungkook and his friends being arrested was already a hot issue. Not just because Shin-hye was a prominent businesswoman but also because they came from such a well-known family.

It's been 3 days since the arrest happened but the case was still ongoing. And the news about that was widely spreading all over the media.

And Taehyung was kind of annoyed by that because every gadget he use, his hyung's face, and friends were all over the place. Maybe he was jealous, why not? Some of the netizens were ridiculous.

They were saying Jungkook was the "handsome criminal" or "got daddy" and that's so insane. How could they say something like that?

He just grumbled under his breath not knowing what to do because he felt bored. He was just sitting on the couch keep changing the channel of the TV.

Suddenly, his father appeared in front of him by pushing the wheel of the wheelchair on its own. He showed his phone to Taehyung and the mint-haired boy took it.

"Today is the interrogation of your older brother. Do you want to go?"

"But how about you, Appa?" Taehyung asked worriedly.

He gave back the phone to his father and Seo-joon started to type again. Once he was done, he handed it back to Taehyung.

"I'm okay, I can do it on my own and I know you want to see him.

"Are you sure, Appa?"

He was hesitant to leave him alone because of his condition. Seo-joon smiled and nodded his head.

"Okay, but please call me if there's something wrong happen to you, okay?" He sighed.

And his father just nodded his head once again.

Taehyung stood up and left the house, he was wearing a bonded poplin car coat with embroidered cotton shirt paired with black trousers and black spazzolato leather kiltie derby shoes.

He got inside the car and drove through the Seoul District Jail.

+++

He was now looking in the one-way mirror while his hyung was in the interrogation room. For some reason, he felt nervous while looking at him.

He was standing behind the detective who was sitting and watching through the monitoring LED. Suddenly, the detective who was going to interrogate his hyung came inside and sat down in front of Jungkook.

+++

"Let's start now."

The detective said putting his laptop on the desk to make sure he will take down notes of whatever Jungkook said.

"You are the main suspect for killing the businesswoman Park Shin-hye, right?"

"Right" The long curly-haired boy admitted without any hesitation.

"You're not at the crime scene but you are still the suspect for her death. But she suspected you of killing and torturing a college student Marilyn Park. Did you kill her as well?"

"Yes"

The mint-haired boy was surprised to hear that. He was wrong all the time. He was always on his hyung's side and hearing Jungkook admitting his crime was unbelievable.

"You also killed two professors, one was Professor Choi Joseph who was found dead in front of the University after getting shot, and the other was Professor Kang Shaun.

Same with the first one, he is also teaching in the same University but how the way they die was different because Kang was tortured before he was found dead and their similarities of the reason for their death were harassing of your stepbrother Kim Taehyung."

Jungkook nodded his head while Taehyung's tears fell in his eyes, listening to him. His hyung did a lot just to get and protect him.

"It seems like you were trying to protect your brother but you did it in a wrong way. The government will provide therapy to you before you get to jail. Thank you for your cooperation."

The detective took the laptop and stood up. He left the interrogation room. The police came and unlocked the handcuff that was connected to the desk. Jungkook stood up and the police locked it again.

Taehyung comes out to face his hyung. He was waiting for him to get out of the interrogation room. Even though what heard was too much to handle, he still want to see him.

"Hyung" He uttered looking at him.

"What are you doing here? Did you hear them all?" Jungkook asked responding.

Taehyung nodded his head with tears forming in his eyes.

"I just want to know some truth but I didn't expect a lot. I realized I didn't know you as I expected." He muttered wiping his tears out of his face.

"I was surprised to see you here, you shouldn't come here." Jungkook uttered.

"I want to see you, hyung, I don't know what will happen next after this. I don't know if I could see you often." Taehyung retorted.

"You should go and focus on your study instead. You have a lesson you need to learn." Jungkook simply sighed.

"H-hyung, wuh-why I felt like you don't want me to be here? I told you, I love you, right? Did you forget it already?" Taehyung sobbed.

The long curly-haired boy cupped the younger boy's cheeks even though his wrist were handcuffed.

"I didn't forget about that, but, it's better if you do what you want. You will just waste your time coming here. Focus on yourself instead of me." The older stated.

"But hyung, I don't mind coming here for you. So please don't speak like that. I-I can assure you that I can do both." Taehyung insisted, holding his hyung's hands.

"From now on, don't think of me. I will just ruin your life if you choose me again. You will regret it. So please, Taehyung, try to forget about me. I don't want you to regret your decision. I wish you all the best, baby."

Jungkook smiled leaving a sweet kiss on Taehyung's forehead. He followed the police and walked away. The mint-haired boy cried watching his hyung leaving him.