Chapter 11: Ask and Ignore

The stepbrothers were now having an awkward breakfast with their parents. The youngest of the family was as silent as usual making his parents get worried.

"I'm done now, I will go." The mint-haired boy stood up from his chair.

"But Tae, you didn't even finish your food. Are you okay?" His mother, Shin-hye uttered inquiring, looking at him.

The younger smiled forcedly and replied.

"I'm fine, mom. Hyung, let's go now."

He walked away, Jungkook finished his food and left too.

"You're still in a bad mood, what happened?" Jungkook asked opening the door car for Taehyung.

"Still the same." Taehyung sighed and got inside the car sitting beside the driver's seat.

Jungkook followed after him, going to the driver's seat and starting the engine.

"I am really annoyed right now. I hate when you're like this." The older poked his tongue in his inner cheeks while driving.

"I'm sorry, hyung, I'm just worried. What if I see him today? I don't know what should I do." Taehyung retorted sighing, holding onto his seatbelt.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" Jungkook asked stopping his car when the red light appeared at the stoplight.

"What?" The younger responded confused and looked at him.

He turned his face on Taehyung and smiled.

"We barely get together and you're sad. Just think it's a brother's date and I can promise to make you happy. So, do you wanna go with me?" Jungkook retorted inquiring.

"But we have to attend class, hyung." Taehyung pouted.

The older chuckled and ruffled his dongsaeng's hair.

"Of course, after class. So you do you accept it?" He asked once again.

"Okay, but make sure to bring me somewhere beautiful, or else I'll sulk." The younger said.

"Sure, everything for my cute baby." Jungkook giggled and started to drive again.

They arrived at the University, the long curly-haired boy came out first and opened the door car for his brother. He extend his hand for Taehyung to reach which the younger boy accepted.

"Let's get inside, yeah?" Jungkook said and held Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung nodded his head and ignore the fact that they were holding hands because they were used to it. They were walking in the hallway with a few students staying in the hallway and murmuring.

Suddenly, he saw his boyfriend, Minsoo who was watching them. Minsoo saw Jungkook smirk and his right hand slid on Taehyung's waist.

"Don't look at him, I told you, just ignore him." Jungkook whispered to Taehyung.

The mint-haired boy obeyed him and look at somewhere else instead. They passed by his boyfriend totally ignoring his presence as if he was nothing.

"It seems like you quarreled with your boyfriend, huh." Minsoo's friend teased and put his hand over Minsoo's shoulder.

"I have to go"

He replied removing his friend's hand away from his shoulder and walking out with his hands was balled in a fist and obviously pissed off written on his face.

"Hyung, my classroom is here, you can leave me now." Taehyung uttered stopping in front of his classroom.

"Okay, but tell me if that bastard bothers you." Jungkook said staring at Taehyung's face.

"I understand hyung, thank you." He smiled and pecked his hyung's cheek.

"Good, I'm leaving now." The older smiled back and left.

The mint-haired boy got inside his room and sat down beside the window.

"Hi, Taehyung, I'm Marilyn, can I take a seat here?" She introduced herself with a smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah, sure you can." He replied moving his bag to give space for her.

"Anyway, who is that handsome guy with you? Is he your boyfriend?" Marilyn asked curiously.

"Huh? No, he's my hyung." He retorted looking at her.

"Your hyung? But you two are fine with pecking?" She inquired confusedly.

"Yes, he's my stepbrother and we're closed since then. We are doing that since were children." Taehyung reasoned out.

"That's weird, do you like him? I mean, more than just a brother?" Marilyn asked.

"No, of course not, why would you ask like that?" Taehyung immediately replied and look away.

"Even though you are close to each other, you two surely experienced being mature. You two are old enough for that stuff." Marilyn stated, sighing.

"There's nothing wrong with that. Hyung and I are comfortable with each other and we don't have a problem doing it." Taehyung retorted, glaring at her.

"Just comfortable or do you like him? Or does he like you? I can say, he likes you. He's being biased and possessive. Don't you realize that?" She asked.

"That's not it, hyung doesn't want someone to hurt me that's why he was like that." Taehyung replied.

"Still, but don't you hear the rumors spreading here? You have a boyfriend but you are relying on or let's say, flirting with your hyung instead of him. And you're not young anymore, you can decide for yourself." Marilyn explained.

"That's a misunderstanding"

"But that's not what they believe. They believe what they will see rather than your explanation." Marilyn interrupted him.

The mint-haired boy went silent and looked at his notes.

"If you want, you can show them that they were wrong by ignoring your hyung here or get separated from him for a while. That would work so that the misunderstanding will be clear." She stated and smirked when the beautiful boy didn't respond.

The mint-haired boy just ignored her and act as if he was writing something. But he was thinking about it.

+++

"I did what you told me, Maam. I'm sure he will realize everything."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, ma'am, I can see the realization will hit him later on. It's easy to fool him."

"That's good to hear, just keep doing that and if possible, try to separate them and I will pay you more."

"I can do that, ma'am. I will go now, I have to attend class."

"Okay, keep up the good work, Marilyn."

Shin-hye smirked and drink her red wine. She was enjoying what was happening. Finally, she can separate them.