Chapter 29: Found out and Truth

Taehyung was sitting on the bed, it's been a week now since his mother's loss. And the end of his class will come soon.

Suddenly, his hyung came inside with the tray of food.

"I brought food for you since you didn't join us." Jungkook said setting the food on top of the drawer.

"Thank you, hyung." He mumbled, sighing.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked sitting beside the mint-haired boy.

"Maybe" Taehyung muttered looking down at the floor.

"You can tell me if something is wrong, hyung will help you." The older said ruffling his hair.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip suppressing his tears to fall.

"Hyung, tell me, can I really trust you?" He asked and looked at Jungkook.

The older stared at him, holding his face.

"Why did you ask?" Jungkook retorted inquiring.

"Just answer me, hyung, can I really trust you? You're not lying in me, right?" Taehyung asked hoping his hyung won't lie to him.

"Of course, you can trust me. I'm not lying to you." Jungkook smiled caressing his cheeks.

That's not the answer he was expecting.

"Then, do you love me as just a brother, am I right?" He asked hoping for this time he will say the truth.

"What's with the question. Yes, just a brother." Jungkook chuckled.

Lies. That's not the truth, that's not what he heard in the pen recorder.

"Why did you ask? You're being weird these days." Jungkook said ruffling Taehyung's hair.

"Nothing, hyung, just got curious." He smiled fakely.

"Ah, by the way, I am planning to go to States and I want you to come with me. Is that fine?" Jungkook asked changing the topic.

"For what, hyung?" Taehyung asked confusedly.

"It's better for you because you seem to get stressed here and to help you move on. Don't worry, I make sure that you will end your class here and will continue the other 2 years in the States. What do you think so?" Jungkook asked smiling.

"Sure, but please give me some time. I'll think about it, hyung." He replied smiling.

"Okay, Take your time. Don't forget to eat your food, I'll get dessert for you." Jungkook giggled pecking the tip of his nose.

He left Taehyung, Taehyung's smile faded away and his face turned into a serious face. He grips his hands with the pen recorder in it.

"You're lying, hyung. Why did you have to lie?" He cried while looking at the pen recorder.

Hw wonder since when did Jungkook lie. Why does he feel so stupid for not noticing it?

"I shouldn't have trusted you, hyung. You're a liar, I hate you. I hate you!" He grumbled gritting his teeth.

He should have trusted his mother, this shouldn't have happened if he was on his mother's side from the beginning. This shouldn't get worst.

"I-I'm sorry, eomma, I-I'm so sorry. Please, forgive me." He cried hugging his knees.

His hyung has been lying to him since the beginning and he's the one who manipulated him all the time.

+++

"Like what you suspected, sir, there was something wrong with the investigation."

"What do you mean?" Seo-joon asked curiously.

"Your wife's death was planned, the truck has no driver and I believe it was controlled by someone near the area."

The private detective of Seo-joon showed pictures to him.

"Any suspects?" Seo-joon asked looking through the pictures.

"Well, there were three of them but the most suspicious was that guy with broad shoulders."

"What's his name?" Seo-joon inquired.

"The information I got from my colleague was his name is Kim Seokjin, 30 years old and the future heir of Maldives corporation."

"Please go and investigate him, and also, the guy who was named Jeon Jungkook." Seo-joon sighed massaging his forehead.

"Jeon Jungkook, sir?"

The detective asked, he looks confused.

"Yes, why?" Seo-joon retorted inquiring.

"My colleague was holding the same suspect. If I'm not wrong, your wife also wants him to investigate Jeon Jungkook for a murder."

"Murder?!" Seo-joon was shocked.

"Yes, sir. He was the main suspect in killing Marilyn, a college student yet your wife's spy for him. Her body was found inside of your wife's office and they found out she was tortured before she died."

"He's getting insane" Seo-joon mumbled under his breath and clenched his fist.

Suddenly, he remembered Taehyung. He got worried and contacted his son.

"Yes, appa?"

He sighed in relief hearing his son's voice.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, Appa, I'm with hyung. Why did you ask?" Taehyung retorted.

"Can we talk tomorrow? I just need to tell you something." He uttered.

"Sure, Appa." Taehyung replied.

"Thanks, I'll send you the address tomorrow. Good night." Seo-joon smiled.

"Okay, good night too, appa."

The call ended and Seo-joon was glad to hear he was fine.

"You can leave now, please update me if there's more." Seo-joon said.

"Okay, sir."

The detective bowed his head and leave the office. Seo-joon looked through the files, he will tell Taehyung about it so he could avoid Jungkook.

Even though his real son was Jungkook, he still care about Taehyung. And he knows, Taehyung deserves to know the truth.

+++

The long curly-haired boy was inside his obsession room. He was smirking, quietly listening to their conversation.

"I guess, I had to end you as well."

He smirked poking his tongue in his inner cheeks. He opened the can of beer and waited for his father to send their location.

"Unfortunately, you won't able to see my baby. Private detective, hah. Let's see about that."

He chuckled drinking the beer and sighed. His hands were balled in a fist. He hates everyone trying to separate him and Taehyung.

"I should have ended you. You're making my head hurt." He grumbled.

He took the dagger and threw it on the bulletin board where his father's picture was on it.

"Bingo"

He chuckled when he aimed his father's forehead and drink the beer.