Chapter 28: Suspicious and Blames

The mint-haired boy was wearing a black formal outfit since it was his mother's funeral. He was kneeling beside her funeral while his hyung was welcoming and thanking the people who were coming.

"Her death is too sudden, I can't believe she died like this."

"She didn't get into an accident for her whole life of driving."

"This is surprising"

"I wonder where is her husband?"

Jungkook heard a lot of murmurs and whispers everywhere spot he go. He understand them but didn't give much attention to them.

Suddenly, their father, Seo-joon came inside with teary eyes.

"Honey"

He ran towards his wife and he can't believe she died. He was waiting for her in Germany for their business trip but he didn't expect that she won't come anymore.

"Appa" The mint-haired boy muttered.

He looked at him and Taehyung hugged him tightly.

"S-she left us" Taehyung cried on his shoulder.

"What happened? Why did she die?" Seo-joon asked crying.

The younger boy pulled away and looked at him.

"Tuh-they said it was an accident, tuh-the truck hit her car and she didn't avoid it because her brake wasn't working." Taehyung explained wiping his tears.

"That's impossible to happen, she always checks her car before she leaves. They miss the details, I'm sure it was planned." Seo-joon insisted to believe what happened.

"The detective who hold this incident said it was really an accident. There's no one to blame because the truck owner didn't expect that the truck will malfunction." Jungkook explained standing beside Taehyung.

Seo-joon glared at him and punched him. He was about to grab Jungkook's collar but he was held by his guard.

"Are you happy now? This is what you want, right?! This is what you are waiting for!" He yelled gritting his teeth.

The long curly-haired boy wiped out his bleeding lips and looked at his father.

"Do I look happy for you, Appa? Why are you blaming me for this?!" Jungkook grumbled.

"Stop acting innocent! I'm sure you killed her! You're the one who did this to her! You planned this, right?! You killed her!" Seo-joon growled full of anger.

"What makes you think I kill this woman? Don't tell me because we fought because I don't have the intention to kill her." Jungkook reasoned out.

"Stop lying! She was telling me something about you before she die! Are you afraid that Taehyung might find out that that's why you kill her?!" Seo-joon snarled.

"I have nothing to hide, where are you when she dies, huh?! You choose your work over her. And now you're pouring all your anger on me." Jungkook stated.

"I should have trusted her, this wouldn't have happened if I stop your obsession. This is all your fault!" Seo-joon exclaimed clenching his jaw.

"Appa, stop blaming hyung here. He's nothing to do with her. He was with me when the accident happened and I am the witness to that." Taehyung interrupted and got in between them.

"Don't believe him! He's brainwashing you. He is obsessed with you and he never changed! Don't trust that bastard, he's obviously lying!" Seo-joon grumbled attempting to get free from his guard.

"Appa! Hyung! Stop fighting here! Please respect eomma, please."

The mint-haired boy cried, he can't handle them anymore. He felt like he will going to break anytime.

"I'm sorry, this won't happen." Jungkook hugged the younger and glared at his father.

"Once I found out you have a connection with this, I will make sure you pay for this." Seo-joon threatened, jerking his guard's hands off of him.

+++

Jungkook brought Taehyung to his room at their parent's mansion. The mint-haired boy fell asleep in his arms earlier after crying.

He laid him down on the bed and covered him with a blanket.

"Hyung"

He heard the younger boy call him. He looked at him while removing his shoes.

"You're awake." He responded.

Taehyung sat down on the bed and stared at him.

"Hyung, tell me, why they are saying the same thing?" Taehyung asked still looking at him.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook retorted inquiring.

"Eomma, Appa, they say the same thing, you are obsessed with me. What do they mean by that?" Taehyung uttered asking.

"I don't know, I don't understand them as well." He replied shrugging off his shoulder.

"You're not obsessed with me, right?" The younger asked.

"Of course not, do I look abnormal to you? Why would I get obsessed with you? You're my brother that's why I'm protecting you and they just misunderstand me." Jungkook stated, lying.

"But, Appa, he seems confident blaming you. Appa, he's not like that, he never blames someone without indication." Taehyung explained.

"He loves eomma that's why he believes whatever she said. And he's mad at me for some reason." Jungkook uttered.

"You're not lying, are you? Because I don't think I can handle it anymore if I found out you're lying to me, hyung." Taehyung said holding his arm.

"Do you believe in them?" Jungkook inquired.

"I don't know, I don't know if I could trust you or Appa. I'm so confused right now, hyung." The younger sobbed hugging his knees.

"You just have to trust me, I never lie to you." Jungkook said.

"That's what you said, hyung, but why I felt like you are hiding something from me." Taehyung muttered and looked at him.

"What makes you think like that? Am I that suspicious of you? Did I ever do something to you?" Jungkook asked holding Taehyung's chin.

"Nothing, but hyung, I hope you weren't lying. I trusted you, hyung. So I hope I won't regret this " The younger said and hugged him.

Jungkook hugged him back and caressed his back.

"You won't regret this."

He muttered kissing the mint-haired boy's head. Yet, Taehyung wants to ask Jungkook a lot of questions in his mind. He wants to clarify something that only his hyung can answer.