two | blackout

"WHO IS THIS GUY?" ARTEMIS ASKED CURIOUSLY

"WHO IS THIS GUY?" ARTEMIS ASKED CURIOUSLY. She had just joined her friends in their compartment at the end of the train. Except it wasn't just them. There was some man in raggedy robes sleeping in their compartment.

"R.J. Lupin,"Hermione answered confidently before pointing at the suitcase with the initials on it. Artemis looked at the sleeping man curiously. This man had to be the new professor, but why would he ride in the student compartments? Most of the professors sat towards the front of the train, not the back.

"Why is he in our compartment?"

"He was here when we got here, which you would have known if you hadn't ran off with the Twins again,"Ron answered, crossing his arms.

"Getting jealous, Ronnie?" Artemis laughed,"Don't worry, you're still my favorite Weasley."

"I better be,"The red head laughed.

"I only remind you every day."

"Thank you,"Ron laughed. Harry made room for Artemis to sit between him and the stranger in the compartment. She pulled out a licorice wand from her pocket and tore open the packaging.

"What'd I miss?"

"Oh, nothing big, just that Sirius Black escaped Azkaban to kill Harry," Ron mentioned sarcastically. Artemis just started at him with wary eyes.

"Can we not go one year without some impending danger?" Artemis asked.

"That's rich coming from you, Art,"Harry replied with a smile,"You and me, trouble always finds us."

"It makes things interesting, don't it?" Artemis raised her brows with a smirk."Out of everyone on this train, we probably have the most interesting lives."

"That's one way to put it,"Hermione mumbled with a frown.

"I wouldn't worry,"Artemis assured her friends,"They'll catch Black soon."

"Sure," Ron said, but he didn't really mean it." Of course, no one has ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a raving, murderous lunatic..."

Just then, the compartment rattled, making all four of them freeze in their place. The lanterns flickered and the train lurched forward before slowing to complete stop. Hermione slid in her seat, pressing Ron against the glass before quickly moving back to her spot. The bushy-haired girl checked her watch as she frowned.

"Why are we stopping? We can't be there yet?" Hermione questioned.

Artemis' eyes darted around the compartment. She felt a chill run down her back and she had a strange feeling in her stomach. Something bad was about to happen. It was the same feeling she got in the Chamber of Secret before they got attacked.

Naturally, Harry rose to the occasion. They watched as he slid the compartment door open and peered down the corridor. The lights flicker out completely, leaving them in just darkness. It was unsettling. Artemis breathed out sharply. Her breath was visible in the cold darkness.