sixty - seven | reunion

ARTEMIS LUPIN REACHED AND STRIPPED THE LOCKET FROM HARRY'S NECK

ARTEMIS LUPIN REACHED AND STRIPPED THE LOCKET FROM HARRY'S NECK. She threw it to the side on the hard ground, shaking her head and frowning as she finally realized what Harry had done.

"Are -- you -- mental?"Ron scolded him.

Standing a few yards away, fully dressed and half-drenched, clutching the sword of Gryffindor in one hand was Ron.

Harry just stared before his voice finally came to him,"It was you!"

"Well, yeah. Bit obvious, I'd think,"Artemis commented, watching Harry pull himself to his feet.

"And the doe. That was you as well,"Harry said, but they both shook their heads.

"No,"Ron told him,"I reckoned it was you."

"My Patronus is a stag."

"Right,"Ron whispered,"Antlers."

Ron brought his arms up, vaguely mimicking antlers, but the effect is lost, what with the sword.

"You didn't see anyone else?"Harry asked them.

"No, I... I did think maybe I saw something -- when we were running --over there --"Ron admitted.

Harry crossed to a pair of oaks grown close together, searching for any sign of someone else.

"Anything?"Artemis asked curiously.

Harry shook his head,"But I reckon whoever cast the doe,put the sword in that pool hoping we'd find it."

"And we did, didn't we?"Ron replied, and the "we" hanged in the chill air.

Harry eyed Rod before he stepped forward and dangled the locket close to the sword. It immediately begun to twitch.

"See that? It knows. It's afraid,"Harry gasped, looking up,"Do it."

"What?"Ron questioned,"No. Harry. That thing's bad for me. I can't handle it. I'm not making excuses for how I acted, but that thing affects me more than it affects you and Hermione. It made me think stuff-- stuff I was thinking anyway,but it made everything worse."

"All the more reason,"Harry told him as Artemis stepped to take her place by his side. It felt almost normal again, Harry at her side.

"No. I can't --"

"Then why are you here? Why did you come back?"Harry's tone was hard and meant to wound. This stopped Ron. He stepped back, gripping the sword with both hands.

Harry nodded."I'll have to speak to it in order for it to open. When it does, don't hesitate. I don't know what's in here, but it'll put up a fight. The bit of Riddle that was in his diary tried to kill me."

"This is going to bad,"Artemis commented with a frown, watching as Ron nodded. Artemis swept a layer of frost from a flat rock for Harry to lay the locket down.