four | troublemaker

ARTEMIS WAS DANGEROUS, THIS MUCH SHE KNEW

ARTEMIS WAS DANGEROUS, THIS MUCH SHE KNEW. She couldn't control the magic inside her and sometimes that magic found a way of leaking out in dangerous ways. It is the reason her worst fear was herself. She had been pretty destructive after that. The whole situation had sent her into a spiral and it ended with the dorm being destroyed. Of course, Lavender Brown had pitched a fit about it and Artemis had been given detention for the night.

Usually, she would serve detention with McGongall and they would talk about how to control these surges, but tonight, she was serving detention with Professor Lupin.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Hermione asked the purple-haired girl as she braided her hair. Artemis wasn't sure what was so calming about Hermione fixing her hair, but it was.

"Yeah, I'm just really embarrassed. I'm literally such a freak,"Artemis sighed heavily as Hermione finished the braid.

"You aren't a freak, at least not to me."

"I am, I can't control magic, a thing everyone had mastered at this point. I am having the problem children have."

"You are just more powerful, isn't that obvious?"

"I can't believe Lavender Brown snitched on me!"Artemis scoffed, folding her arms over her chest in a huff.

"You don't mind detention, doesn't Professor McGongall give you lessons for your magic then?"

"Not today,"Artemis told her,"I have detention with Professor Lupin today."

"Oh?"Hermione responded curiously,"Well, he seems like a good teacher so far. Hey, maybe you can ask him for help. He knows about all kinds of magic and he is the first competent defense professor we've had. He could be a real help."

"Isn't there something...odd about him to you?"Artemis asked,"I mean, the scars, if he misses classes on one particular day next week, it will be confirmed."

"I noticed, yes,"Hermione admitted,"But you don't actually think...?"

"I do,"Artemis told her,"I've been reading all sorts of books and it adds up. Not to mention that lecture and essay Snape assigned."

"Why would they hire him though?"

"First off, werewolves are people too,"Artemis pointed out,"Second, have you met Professor Dumbledore? Were you here for Lockhart? I feel like he was far more dangerous with a wand than a werewolf."

"Professor Lupin is one of the most intelligent professors we've had. And I mean, out of all them," Hermione commented. Artemis just nodded as the girl finished up with her hair.