sixty - five | wrath

ARTEMIS LUPIN ENDURED THE FULL MOON

ARTEMIS LUPIN ENDURED THE FULL MOON. In fact, she pulled her weight during her shift by wandering around the woods with a mission. When Harry had found her by the marked tree, she laid sound asleep with a large, dead deer for the quartet to put on the fire. She rested the entire day while Hermione cooked the deer, making plenty of portions for the next month.

After Artemis' long rest, the four of them had packed up the tent and started their trek to nowhere. The quartet was worn out as the wind whistled between their ears. Artemis had fallen behind Harry and Hermione, staying close to Ron as they padded through the rolling grassy landscape.

Art could feel the negative energy coming off Ron, but she didn't mind. It was a certain instinct that the redhead needed someone near, and she knew she wasn't who he wanted with him, but she was enough for now.

Ron glanced about sullenly, staring at the forsaken landscape before looking up ahead to Harry and Hermione.The sight of them, walking side-by-side, does nothing to improve his mood. Jealous swirled around him, and Artemis felt for him.

"I'm hungry,"Ron blurted out.

Harry and Hermione stopped, turning to study him for a moment.

"What?"Harry asked.

"I'm hungry."

Hermione glanced at Harry, who continued to stare at Ron, as if taking the measure of him.

"We're all hungry,"Harry replied. Ron returned Harry's glance, then looked off again.

Hermione crossed to Ron, examining his ragged bandage.

"Leave it,"Ron told her moodily.

Hermione glanced at Ron's profile, then -- briefly -- at the Horcrux dangling from his neck. Ignoring his words, she begun to rummage in her beaded bag.

"Mum can make food appear out of thin air,"Ron mumbled.

"No one can conjure food out of thin air,"Hermione told him tenderly,"Food is the first of the five Principal Exceptions to Gamp's Law. The other four are --"

"Oh, speak English, can't you?"Ron asked sharply, jerking his injured arm away. Hermione looked up to meet Ron's hard gaze."I said leave it."

Hermione glanced at the bandage in her hand and puts it away.

"It'll be dark soon. We need tofind a place to sleep,"Harry interrupted.

"Good plan,"Hermione spoke.

"Yeah. Brilliant,"Ron grumbled,"Only, correct me if I'm wrong... wasn't that yesterday's plan? And the day before that? And the day before that? Walk. Sleep. Walk. Sleep."

Harry stared at Ron and then begun to walk toward him. Artemis and Hermione watched silently. Ron stood  utterly still.When Harry stopped, he simply nodded to his neck."My turn."