seventy | captured

ARTEMIS LUPIN HIT THE FLOOR AS SOON AS SHE SAW THE FIGURES LOOMING

ARTEMIS LUPIN HIT THE FLOOR AS SOON AS SHE SAW THE FIGURES LOOMING. She shielded her friends with a purple barrier as ropes of light ricocheted off the window sill.

The printing press exploded, raining Quibblers everywhere, like a flock of doves, smoking with flames.

Lovegood waved madly from the window."Stop! I've got him --"

Lovegood was blasted off his feet by a Stunning Spell so great that the chain around his neck flew across the room and settled at Harry's feet. Harry glanced down, watching the symbol of the Deathly Hallows dissolve like mercury, then looked up in unison with Artemis to see Lovegood streak out the door.

"Artemis! Ron! Harry! Take my hand!"Hermione yelled. Artemis didn't hesitate to slap her hand into Hermione's and reached out for Harry.

Harry and Ron begun to crawl on their knees toward the girls when another volley of spells ricocheted about the room and -- ping! -- struck the Gurdyroot teapot.

As Artemis watched, it flew into the air, tumbling over end toward the Erumpent Horn.

Harry's hand closed on hers, Ron reached out and the teapot struck the Erumpent Horn.

There was a colossal explosion. The second floor of the black cylinder ruptured. Quibblers belched into the air like confetti as Lovegood narrowly escaped and the Death Eaters are engulfed.

Artemis, Harry, Ron, and Hermione tumbled and rolled to their feet, barely visible in the darkness and out of danger. Or at least they thought.

"That treacherous old bleeder! Is there no one we can trust!?"Ron screamed in frustration.

"They've kidnapped Luna because he supported me,"Harry replied with a soft voice,"He was just desperate."

Ron said nothing and then spit, clearing the grit from his teeth and peered toward the river. Unlike the raging force it was the last time they were here, it was little more than a trickle now. The trees were eerily quiet.

"I'll do the enchantments," Ron took out his wand when Artemis raised her hand, stopping him. Her eyes rose, breath hitching to find her senses had not failed her. Hermione, Ron, and Harry looked. Clinging to the branches of the trees above, almost as if a part of the trees themselves, were snatchers.

A wand bloomed above, illuminating the face of Scabior. Hermione's red scarf, now faded and filthy, dangled from his neck. He pressed it to his grimy nose, inhaled and grinned,"Hello, beautiful."

Artemis, Harry, Ron, and Hermione dashed  through the trees. As they diverge, Artemis, swift as wind, flickered through the trees with ease. Spells splintered through the trees, ropes of light lace the night. Artemis ran into a clearing, colliding with Hermione.

Artemis stumbled, finding her foot just in time to see another figure pelting at her. It was Harry.

They froze briefly, then the clearing exploded with light as spells ricocheted. They hit the ground in an instant. Artemis could hear the Snatchers closing in and quickly pulled at her wand. Ever since she had gained control over her magic, she barely used it, but this was too important. There was no room for error. The tip of her wand glowed and her face bloomed in the darkness, looking mildly demonic in the burst of white light that stuck him in the eyes. Harry's face had swelled up and she quickly stripped the glass from his face, handing them to Hermione.

Harry blinked and peered at the girls,"They exist. The Hallows."

"Yeah, that's what I've been saying,"Artemis murmured.

Hermione looked at him expectantly. He noddded,"But he only wants the one, the last one. That's what he's been looking for."

"What're you saying?"Hermione questioned.

"He knows where it is, You-Know-Who. He'll have it by the end of the night. He's found the Elder Wand."

As Artemis and Hermione stared in stunned disbelief, figures emerged from the trees. Ron was shoved to the ground next to them. Scabior stripped Artemis, Harry, and Hermione of their wands.

"Don't touch her!"Ron seethed as Scabior touched Hermione. A fist hit Ron hard. Artemis glanced up to find the face of her enemy.

Fenrir Greyback was here and he had captured her. She shifted, letting her hair fall over face.

"Stop it!"Hermione cried.

Fenrir turned, but Artemis shields herself with chestnut waves falling over her face.

"Your boyfriend'll get worse than that if he doesn't behave, lovely,"Scaboir threatened Hermione. He painted her face with light then casted it on Harry. Harry peered up, his eyes swollen to slits, his face was horribly messed up."What happened to you, ugly?"Harry's hand found his face."What's your name?"

"Dudely,"Harry lied,"Vernon Dudley."

"Check the list. And you, ginger?"

"Stan Shunpike,"Ron answered.

"Like 'ell you are,"Scaboir scoffed,"We know skinny Stan. Try again."

Greyback, with his boot to Ron's neck, pressed harder."Weasley...Barney Weasley."

Artemis wanted to face palm.

"Weasley, eh? Wouldn't be related to that blood traitor Arthur Weasley, would you?"

"Piss off!"Ron snapped,"Arthur Weasley's ten times the wizard you are!"

"Worth ten times you if I can find him. Wasn't you that tipped him off, was it?"

Ron stayed mute as Scabior turned to Hermione.

"How 'bout you, lovely? What do they call you...?"Scaboir questioned.

"Penelope Clearwater. Half-blood."

Scabior stroked the nape of Hermione's neck, then took her hair in hand and sniffed it."You smell like vanilla, Penelope.I think you're going to be my favorite," He said disgustingly before turning toward Artemis who stood strong as he roughly grabbed her arm and unveiled her face."And what about you?"

Fenrir Greyback turned his head with interest towards Artemis, and when he saw her, a cruel smile inched onto his face,"My, my, if it isn't my newest creation. I know this one very well, isn't that right, little Lupin."

Fenrir pulled Artemis up on her feet by her arm. She didn't budge once her boots were planted on the ground. Artemis seethed quietly, shooting daggers at the werewolf while trying keeping her mouth completely shut. Instead, she stood tall, not backing down when Greyback sneered at her. She would never give him the satisfaction of making her submitting.

However, she couldn't help herself. She tilted her head back and spat in his face.

Fenrir wiped the spit from his face,"Is that all, little wolf?"The vicious man taunted.

" There's no Vernon Dudley on 'ere."

Reluctantly, Greyback turned from Artemis to Harry."Hear that, ugly? The list says you're lying. How come you don't want us to know who you are? Hm?"

"The list is wrong. I told you who I am,"Harry tried to convince.

Scabior put a finger to his lips, silencing Harry, his wand probing Harry's face more closely."Change of plans, boys. We won't be taking this lot to the Ministry."

Fenrir leaned down, towering over Artemis in a dangerous and overwhelming way."Oh, I can't wait to get the manor.Oh, do I have plans for you, Lupin, because I got your message, and it's time to put you in your place."