sixty - one | london

(artemis' outfit and visual for the war)

ARTEMIS LUPIN'S LIFE FLASHED BEFORE HER EYES

ARTEMIS LUPIN'S LIFE FLASHED BEFORE HER EYES. A bright double-decker bus came with inches of the four runaways as they stumbled back onto the concrete pavement amidst the raining city. The street was teeming with drunken pub crawlers and muggles blissfully making their way home for the night. Artemis envied their simplistic lives as she yearned to go home already. She had no idea when she would be home next, or if she would even go home again.

"Where are we?" asked Ron, looking around the curious street.

"Shaftesbury Avenue,"Hermione answered and then a glint of sadness passed through her eyes quickly,"I used to come here to the theater with my mum and dad. Just popped into my head. I don't know why... "

They hurried on, glancing over their shoulders at the dark shapes  that move within the crowd behind them, strangers bumping by, faces passing in a paranoiac blur.

"This way!"Hermione led. As they take refuge in the shadows, Hermione begun to rummage through her tiny beaded purse."We need to change."

Ron and Harry look at each other's dress robes. From the purse, Hermione extracts -- in quick succession -- two pairs of jeans, T-shirts, and a pair of light overcoats for the boys. For Artemis, she pulled out a pair of dark blue jeans, a black top that revealed a small portion of her stomach, and a plain leather jacket with a gray hooded coat to go under it.

"How the ruddy --"Ron was almost at a loss for words.

"Undetectable Extension Charm,"Hermione informed him.

"You're amazing, you are,"Ron commented with amazement.

"Always the tone of surprise."As she gave the bag a shake, there was a loud echoing of heavy objects, as if something has fallen."That'll be the books."

☽☽☽☼☾☾☾

Artemis felt much more comfortable in her layers of jacket and fitted top. She had flipped the gray hood up and even muted the purple of her into a dark, less noticeable color. It was safe to say she would get noticed easily.

The four of them had found a all-nite cafe to take sanctuary in. It was nearly empty, a little shabby and definitely greasy. Yet, they had no problem taking comfort in one of the booths.

"Do you reckon everyone's alright at the wedding? Maybe we should --"

"There's no going back, Harry,"Artemis interrupted,"It's started. We don't go back until we end the war."

"They were after you, mate. We'd just put everyone in danger going back,"Ron supported as a waitress approached the table.

"Ron's right,"Hermione said before turning to the waitress,"Cappuccino, please."