eleven | homecoming

ARTEMIS LUPIN HAD RECLAIMED HER IDENTITY

ARTEMIS LUPIN HAD RECLAIMED HER IDENTITY. With years in the making, the Lupin family had been reunited with the help of one Sirius Black. Artemis had just moved the little stuff she owned into the Lupin home, the house she was supposed to be raised in. For the first time in years, Artemis was home.

Of course, things weren't perfect. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to call her father. She had just spent a whole year calling him Professor, and Dad seemed too personal right now. So she mostly called him Moony. It wasn't ideal for the older man, but he understood that it would take time for Artemis to be comfortable enough with him.

It was a whole month of just them before Estella Lupin stumbled on to their door step with tearful eyes. Remus wasn't expecting to see his long lost wife so soon. Sirius had told him it would take time for him to find the village again, especially while evading the aurors.

Yet, that Sunday morning, Remus Lupin had made his daughter breakfast, opened the window to let the sunshine in, and he had no idea of the change to come. At that moment in time, he was just enjoying Artemis' banter.

"We could get a dog, that would liven up the house,"Remus suggested.

"We already have a dog," joked the purple-haired girl, earning a little stern look from her smiling father."Two, if we count Padfoot."

"I am not our dog, if anything, Sirius can be our dog."

"He might enjoy having a friend.."

"He'd get jealous of another dog, let's be honest with ourselves."

"We could get a cat, unless that would offend you."

"You must really love werewolf jokes,"Remus laughed, shaking his head as he put his cup of tea on the counter. Just as Artemis was about to reply with some snarky comeback, there was a knock on the door. The pair looked to each other for answers, but Artemis just shrugged.

Remus Lupin cautiously got up from his seat, traveling to the front of the house and slowly opened the door. On their little porch was her.

Her bright pink hair gleamed in the sun. She looked beautiful and exhausted, but she looked blissful. She had gotten older, there was no doubt. They both had aged. They weren't reckless 20 year olds in the middle of a war anymore. As soon as their eyes met, Estella Lupin teared up at the sight of her husband. 12 years, they had been separated and now, after all the years and all the doubts, they were finally back together.

"Moonshine..."Estella murmured, throwing herself into the man's arms. Remus didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around his beloved. She crashed into his arms like a storm, and the feeling of his warmth was magnificent. They had gotten through the entire storm, and came out through the other side.

"Estella, Merlin, you're actually here,"He whispered, sharing a long kiss and smiling tearfully. The woman's hair still gleamed with a bright pink, a color she had chosen in her Hogwarts years so long ago. Remus never thought he'd see that again. All these years alone and he finally had his family in one house.