forty - six | captain

WITH HER QUIDDITCH SWEATER HUGGING HER TIGHT, ARTEMIS WAS READY

WITH HER QUIDDITCH SWEATER HUGGING HER TIGHT, ARTEMIS WAS READY. She had gotten up at the early hours of the morning to hype herself for the game. She wrapped her hands in tape as she picked slowly at her breakfast.

Katie Bell was still in St. Mungo's Hospital with no prospect of leaving, which meant that the promising Gryffindor team Artemis had been training since September was one Chaser short. She kept putting off replacing Katie in the hope that she would return, but their opening match against Slytherin had been looming, and she finally had to accept that she would not be back in time to play.

Artemis did not think she could stand another full-House tryout. She had finally cornered Dean Thomas after Transfiguration one day and he accepted the position. She thought that the team would do perfectly fine as long as Ron could find the confidence.

Ron entered the Hall, eyes lowered and knuckles taped for Quidditch. He flexed his fingers anxiously as he made it to the Gryffindor table. Neville passed going the other way.

"Good luck, eh, Ron? "Neville told him.

Ron nodded shortly and then Seamus came up on his side to whisper something.

As Seamus peeled off, Ron cut his eyes toward the Slytherin table, where the Quidditch team sat together. One Slytherin juts his chin toward Ron and muttered something. A few turn to snigger. Ron averted his eyes and almost ran into Cormac, who eyed him with disdain as he passed.

Frowning, Ron dropped down opposite Harry and Hermione, beside Artemis. Harry eyed him briefly, knowingly, and pushed a plate across. Ron took a fork and poked at it glumly.

"So. How was it?"Ron asked.

Hermione continued to read the Prophet, unaware of Ron's question. Artemis rolled her eyes at the interaction all together and started to wrap her other hand.

"How was what?"Hermione asked off-handedly.

"Your dinner party,"replied Ron with mock refinement.

"Dead boring,"Hermione admitted.

"Though, I think Harry enjoyed dessert,"Artemis smirked.

Harry's eyes shifted towards her with a small glare.,

"Ol' Sluggy's having a Christmas do, you know. And we're meant to bring someone..."Hermione hunted.

LI expect you'll be going with McLaggen. Isn't he a member of the Slug Club ?"Ron asked bitterly.

"Actually, I was going to ask you."

Artemis' eyes widened at that, and she looked away awkwardly. Because with these two, it was inevitable that they were going to end up annoyed with one another and it would be like that until they finally got together. Artemis couldn't wait.