forty - three | luck

ARTEMIS LUPIN HATED TO ADMIT THAT SHE LOVED POTIONS

ARTEMIS LUPIN HATED TO ADMIT THAT SHE LOVED POTIONS. The morning was not so bad when it meant she had potions, especially now that Professor Snape wasn't teaching it.

The lavender-haired girl was slightly surprised when Draco Malfoy took a seat beside her with Astoria on the other side. Hermione was in the front of the class, which Artemis didn't want join in on because she preferred the back. It was easier to concentrate in the back, and Draco seemed to agree.

"Artemis, you won't believe what happened last night,"Astoria leaned over in front of Draco to talk to her."My dad said he wanted to watch you play and he thinks if you are as good as everyone says, he could help train you like Bold Bennett did with him."

Draco just shook his head with a faint smile at the girl."Asta, do you have to lean all over me?"

"Yes,"Astoria said with a grin,"Isn't that exciting for Art, Draco?"

"Yeah, especially if she could get on to Puddlemere United."

"That is the dream,"Artemis grinned,"Merlin, this is unbelievable, and I can't wait. I...I'm gonna have to put all my effort into quidditch. It's all I can think about."

"You made captain, right?"Draco asked.

"I did,"She said proudly.

"Harry m'boy! I was beginning to worry! And I see we've brought someone with us..."Slughorn greeted happily.

"Oh dear,"Artemis whispered as Draco groaned from beside her. She sent him a warning glare, and he frowned.

"Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace actually, so I probably should just be going --"

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Right then, books out --"

"Um, sorry, sir, but I haven't got my book yet -- nor's Ron. You see -- until this morning..."Harry told him.

"Not to worry. You can get what you need from the cupboard."

As Harry and Ron stepped to the cupboard, Slughorn resumed, gesturing to the cauldrons bubbling before him. "Now, as I was saying, I've prepared a few concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?"

"Granger, sir. That one there is Veritaserum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion. And that is Amortentia! The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumored to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them."

"Now Amortentia doesn't create actual love, of course. That's impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room,"Slughorn explained.

Slughorn turned and found a sea of dreamy faces leaning into the vapors. Instantly, he clanged a cover onto the cauldron, bringing them round. As Ron blinked, he found Lavender still staring dreamily -- at him. Noticing, Hermione's eyes narrowed.