sixteen | rose-tinted

ARTEMIS ADORED THE DAYS WHERE THEY COULD JUST BE TEENAGERS

ARTEMIS ADORED THE DAYS WHERE THEY COULD JUST BE TEENAGERS. As it turns out, those days did not come as often as she liked. With a best friend like Harry Potter and a love for chaos, Artemis Lupin barely had time to just be a kid.

Hogsmeade always brought an interesting element to Hogwarts. It was by far one of Artemis favorite things to do. She didn't have permission last year, but she had snuck out with the map plenty of times. Now, she had her father's signature and was free to roam the town nearby the castle.

Hogsmeade was different with two other school accompanying the Hogwarts students for the year. Artemis had taken this time to get lost in the students, wandering off from her friends for a change in her usual scenery.

Artemis treaded past the village of Hogsmeade in her laced up boots and usual leather jacket. Her hair was fixed in two braids rather than her one braid down the side. Underneath the jacket was a Puddlemere Jersey that her mother had sent her for her birthday and she wore it with pride. Her grandfather was Quidditch legend Edward Bennett, and her dream was to follow in his footsteps.

She ignored most of the people around as she had a set of headphone nuzzled in lilac hair, pressed against her ear. It was attached to her father's old walkman, and it was apparently a muggle invention. But some wizard musicians had converted their records to it so Remus had made her a variety of mixes of his favorite songs, along with her favorites. It mostly consisted of the Weird Sisters, Artemis' favorite band. But there were quite a few muggle bands that Artemis had found she liked including this new band Blink-something, she wasn't sure what they were called. The cassette also had classic like the Beatles. Her mum loved them so dad included it. She had a whole box of tapes with muggle bands with names she hadn't ever explored yet like Nirvana, Green Day, and something called the Foo Fighters...but nothing was ever as food as the Weird Sisters.

The witches' melody played loudly in her ears as she strolled down the street, completely obviously to the fact that one George Weasley had begun to approach her. It wasn't until the older boy was towering over her with a mischievous and lifted the headphones off of her ear that she even noticed. In fact, she screamed in shock and punched him in the gut.

"Ooi!"

"Oh shit!"Artemis exclaimed,"George, I am so sorry!"

"It's okay...I'm good. I'm a big boy, Lunar."

"Lunar?"

"What? Don't like it? Kinda like Lunatic, kinda like Stellar."

"What did you want from me?"Artemis breathed out curiously, tilting head as she wrapped the cord of her headphones around the walkman.

"You looked a little lonely, and I was hoping to make you less...lonely..."George sighed,"You've been avoiding me."

"I have not!"