fifty - eight | holy

ARTEMIS LUPIN WATCHED REMUS LUPIN STARE BLANKLY AT HER MOTHER

ARTEMIS LUPIN WATCHED REMUS LUPIN STARE BLANKLY AT HER MOTHER. The lavender-haired girl was not sure why she had to be present when Estella revealed her pregnancy to Remus. Artemis figured it was to keep them united with no secrets.

She wasn't sure what Remus had going through his head as his eyes bored into Estella's stomach with a hint of emotion. Artemis knew her father wanted another child, but she also knew he had a tremendous fear because of the outcome of having her. He was afraid to lose his children again.

"How long?"Remus asked with a quiet voice, like he could barely speak.

"I've know since the end of June,"Estella admitted,"I wasn't sure...how to tell you. I know this ai the worst timing, but...Artemis was born in the midst of war. She was a light of hope, he will be too."

"He?"

"Yeah, a boy,"Estella answered,"I've seen him...once or twice in my dreams."

Remus put him head in hands, his elbows pressed against the kitchen table.

"This is a good thing, right?"Artemis spoke up,"I'm going to be a big sister, and...you wanted another kid. Another chance to raise a child, can you imagine?"

"Of course it's a good thing,"Remus answered without any hesitation."I'm just scared, especially with this upcoming mission."

"It will be my last one,"Estella told him,"and then I'll run things on the sideline. We'll be fine, Remus. I'm sure of it."

"A boy, wow,"Remus whispered.

"I can't believe I'm going to be a sister,"Artemis grinned,"It's going to be so cool. I've always wanted a siblings if I'm being honest."

"Well, wish granted,"Estella joked and Remus cracked a smile.

☽☽☽☼☾☾☾

Artemis had gone to the Burrow while everyone else had gone to retrieve Harry Potter from Privet Drive. The tension was thick within the household as Molly and Artemis waited for the group to arrive.

"Art, dear,"Molly interrupted her thoughts, earning Artemis' attention. 

The teenage girl turned her head towards Molly with worried eyes,"Is everything alright?"

"Yes, yes, I was just wondering...how are you coping?"

"Oh," Artemis let out a breathy laugh before shrugging," I think I'm doing well with it, you know? Adjusting has been hard with everything going on, I have to meditate like once a day so that I won't be a ball of angry energy."

"Well, I wanted you to know that I'm proud of you,"Molly told her honestly,"And that this family loves you, and not just because my son does. You are part of this family, I wanted to make sure you knew that. I know Bill is thankful for you, and everyone always enjoys having you around."