fifty - five | scars

ARTEMIS LUPIN WAS A WEREWOLF

ARTEMIS LUPIN WAS A WEREWOLF. The thought still rattled her brain in the most extreme ways. The brunette was injured and in no way could be healed by magic. Her arm was hugged tightly in a sling, resting her newly scarred shoulder carefully.

She was confined to the hospital wing in a bed directly next to Bill Weasley, who had thanked her endlessly for saving him for Greyback, especially since she paid the price.

Remus Lupin had not left Artemis' side since she had woken up. He couldn't find the strength to leave her, which Artemis didn't mind because she was quite emotional.

"You need to be careful, Artemis,"Remus told her as she moved from her bed.

"I need..I have to see Harry,"Artemis told him,"I want to leave this stupid fucking bed before I lose my mind!"

Remus bit back a laugh at her irrational anger, shaking his head at his daughter antics. He really was trying to look on the bright side and accept her choice.

"Artemis, you need—"

"You tell to stay calm, I'm gonna explode."

"You know what's happening, right?"

"No..."

"Your anger is enhanced because of the bite,"Remus explained,"You had it, that anger, before because it was in your DNA, but now...you have it all. You have struggled all these years with that anger, and it is going to be a lot harder now."

"It was already hard before,"Artemis complained, throwing head back against her pillow. It sent a sharp pain through her shoulder, making her wince."Do you know how many times I've gotten detention for breaking someone's nose?"

"I do, I get a letter every time."

"Sorry,"Artemis threw him a seemingly innocent smile, which just made him chuckle."How long do these scratches hurt?"

Remus frowned at her whining,"Awhile, love. And if you are confined during your shift, you will get more. Luckily, your mum's family was loaded and we can afford wolfsbane. Which will allow you to be aware of yourself while you are a wolf."

"Greyback was aware,"Artemis told him,"His eyes...they were human, and he was huge and terrifying."

Remus nodded slowly,"I know. He haunted my dreams, sometimes...he still does."

"He was like a full wolf. I wouldn't have even know he was human regularly if it wasn't for the eyes."

"There are ways to tell,"Remus explained,"Normal wolves will leave people alone most of the time, but werewolves seek violence. It's why we have such bad reputations."

"What do you think my wolf will look like?"Artemis asked curiously."Will I look like you? Sandy brown? Or maybe the wolf in my dreams?"

"You have dreams about wolves?"Remus asked curiously, and Artemis nodded. She hadn't told anyone about Merlin's book and her confirmation that she was in fact a form of seer. Yet, she could tell that Remus had already deducted that she had a different ability than her mother.