thirty - six | the dropouts

IT TOOK APPROXIMATELY EIGHTEEN HOURS FOR GEORGE  WEASLEY TO REALIZE ARTEMIS WAS IGNORING HIM

IT TOOK APPROXIMATELY EIGHTEEN HOURS FOR GEORGE WEASLEY TO REALIZE ARTEMIS WAS IGNORING HIM. It wasn't hard when she had woken up the next day and passed him up at the Gryffindor table to have breakfast Neville Longbottom instead. He definitely took the hint when she yet again passed him up without a simple hello when she left the Great Hall for her classes.

Artemis had no time for this drama as the days until O.W.L.S. were passing faster than she liked. There was too much riding on her decisions this year, and the results of her exams. The lavender-haired girl had many ideas for her future, but she has always had one ultimate dream : professional quidditch. She knows that she didn't need good scores for that, but a professional sports career didn't last forever. Artemis wanted to do something with her academics too. She knew she had strengths in certain subjects like Potions and Transfiguration. She had ideas about being a healer, or a potioneer. There was another certain field she was interested in. The only ministry job she'd ever take would be in the werewolf unit, and she'd want to improve it tremendously.

Artemis found her way into the library, compiling a vast amount of books to study for her upcoming exams. She flipped through the first book, taking in the words that flowed off the page. She retrieved a piece of parchment and a quill, beginning to jot down her thoughts and ideas on how to remember certain aspects of the subjects.

It wasn't until she was two feet of parchment in after two and half hours that she was interrupted.

"Artemis!" George Weasley's voice whispered.

The lavender-haired girl pulled her nose out of the history book to find the redhead with a upset frown. He had slid into the seat across from her, leaning his elbows on the table.

"Oh, look, my boyfriend, who haven't seen in a week,"Artemis crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back in the chair with a slight glare.

"I knew you were angry with me,"George sighed out.

"I'm surprised you noticed me at all."

"Art--"

"No, you have ignore for a week and a half. Right after you told me that you were going to leave Hogwarts,"Artemis snapped,"Don't you think I would want to spend time with you before you go, or do you not care? I have spent the last week in a terrible mood because you're going to break up with me."

"What?" George asked incredulously,"Artemis, that's-- no, just no. I...oh my god, I love you, and I'm not breaking with you. I didn't mean...to make think that."

"You aren't?"

"No, of course not,"George reached out to intertwine their hands,"I know I have been distance, and I'm the worst, but...being around you makes me want to stay. And I didn't mean to avoid you, and I didn't feel like I was because you were always around. We just weren't talking as much, and I guess that was easier because leaving is going to hurt, I just, I wish you would come with me."